Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stock07

Mission Skates

I know there has been a number of topics on the Wicked line and Syndicate line, I have read through them all in the last couple of days..First off I want to say I am a Mission product buyer and will continue to buy Mission products. So why has the last couple of years skates been giving so many people foot pain?...Is it only a few that has experianced these problems or is there something cosmetically wrong with the skates?...Or are the skates just made so stiff it takes awhile to break them in?(which is not a bad thing)The whole reason I bring back up this topic is because Im in the market for some new skates. I skate Mission now(D-Limiteds) which I love but obviously cant find another pair of those. So I just want some more recent input on the newer Mission skates before I throw good money down for them. Or maybe go another route with Mission ice boots and frame mount, which I would like to avoid. Anyway Any input would be greatly appriciated...Thanks

I didn't know the new line was causing foot pains like the last one did. Stiffness should not be the reason to be causing the pains though. There are plenty of ice skates that are just as stiff that don't have the same painful results.

My ankles are still bruised and discolored from my Wicked 3s and I haven't played since August 07. That's some Class Action $hit right there!

Thats mainly what Im talking about the ankle pain everyone seems to be having and Ive seen it mentioned with the Wicked 1,3, and 5's as well I read in the sells forum where someone was selling this years LT.'s because of ankle pain? Stiffness I dont think is the issue, I like a stiff skate myself, I am getting the impression that maybe there is not enough padding inside the skate?...Either way I dont want this to turn into a bash Mission skates thread, like I stated earlier I have always and will continue to use Mission products, but it looks like Im going to have to search out an older year model skate. Anyone have a D-LIMITED in a 6.5 or 7...lol

Oh and good to talk with you again #96 been a year or so... :D

Besides being too large there is zero problems for me with the Boss skate. IMHO it might be the best skate Mission roller has ever put out, just check your sizing

did you guys notice that the sizing is a little larger this year?

I normally wear a size 10, but wanted a more snug fit and went with a 9.5. Seems that the 9.5 for 2008 is similar to the size 10 for 2007?

Not sure what to do with these skates now... brand new, just feels a little too big.

did you guys notice that the sizing is a little larger this year?

I normally wear a size 10, but wanted a more snug fit and went with a 9.5. Seems that the 9.5 for 2008 is similar to the size 10 for 2007?

Not sure what to do with these skates now... brand new, just feels a little too big.

I noticed this. I wore a pair of Missions I got for free years back and wore my shoe size (10.5). When I looked to buy new skates a few months back, I tried on the Boss and Lieutenant and found that a 10 fit better; they also seemed a little wider than I had remembered. Both of them felt a bit bulky to me so I passed on them.

I wear an 11.5 shoe and the 10.5D Boss fits me perfectly. Definitely check your sizing. They aren't running true to shoe size.

actually what I refering to was the skate sizes... I've gone from a Model/size

Proto V / 11

Proto VSI / 10

.... another 4 or 5 missions in size 10

Wicked 1 / 10

Assassin / 9.5 (and now they feel big)...

In the older models I squeezed into a 9 with minimal width problems, and I'm in 8.5 now and it feels just right. 8's are a bit too snug and 9's fit okay with thicker socks on. When they widened the forefoot area it opened up that half size for me to go down last year, and in truth an 8.25 would probably be the absolute perfect barefoot fit in the new models, but with Ultimax skate socks which are really thin the 8.5 is just fine.

Yup, I've started out long ago with thick socks, but have now started to use much thinner socks so that my ankle locks into place more securely.

I purposely ordered a size 9.5 this year so that I could get a more snug fit... seems that with the size change, I'm back to square 1.

The size has not changed, as they are still being built on the same last. What happens is when you increase the forefoot (as Mission did), many feel the skate length is longer. In the past, many people had a habit of going up a 1/2 size to allow for more width in the forefoot.

I have been a size 8.5 for the past 10 years.

As for comfort, The Syndicate line addressed 95% of the issues with the Wicked Line. The biggest issue was the discomfort in the ankle area. This was caused by a composite ankle counter that did not have enough padding for most people. If your ankle did not line up, your ankle would hurt. The syndicate line has completely different internals. The Syndicate was actually based on a blend of 4 skates: Pure Fly/S500 retail, Original VSI, L7 retail, and Pro Stock Purefly/S500.

I have heard very limited complaints on the Syndicate Line. You will never satisfy everyone, but I believe the Syndicate Line is some of the best fitting skates Mission has ever had.

I have heard very limited complaints on the Syndicate Line. You will never satisfy everyone, but I believe the Syndicate Line is some of the best fitting skates Mission has ever had.

I will whole heartedly agree with that statement, I love the pair of Boss skates I own. they are only the second skate I have ever considered picking up a second pair to store away until the first pair dies

im a sz 13 US and fit both 13EE and 12EE Mission ice/roller. wish there was a 12.5 size cause the 12 is the slightest bit short ( i can just rub my toe on the cap when sitting, but standing and skating is fine...and the 13 feels just a touch too big. width is fine though.

i had 0 break-in problems or discomfort with my Wicked 5's and never baked them. from day 1 they were comfy, just took a few skates to get the ankle to wrap properly. cant wait to try the Syndicate line...

Bought Wicked 1's, baked once and skated in agony for an hour. Inside right ankle was bleeding. Wore skates for 10 mins (all I could stand) a day for 3 days and no help. Looking inside the boot it just looked very narrow in the ankle area. That explained it all, the boot was so stiff that my heel just wasn't seating in the boot. After several attempts using both hands and all the weight I could put over the back wheel, I was able to get my heel and ankle to lock back in the boot. Naturally my foot would work it's way out a bit (which was enough to cause extreme pain) but after several times I could get my heel to stay locked. Did this 3 or 4 nites in a row. Skated for the 2nd time and was greatly relieved to feel only the snugness of a new boot and no unbearable pain. I would buy these skates again in a minute. Very lite, great support, but took a little extra effort to put on right. Skated 5 times since, didn't need the 23 hrs or so I was told to break them in. Great skate!

The size has not changed, as they are still being built on the same last. What happens is when you increase the forefoot (as Mission did), many feel the skate length is longer. In the past, many people had a habit of going up a 1/2 size to allow for more width in the forefoot.

I have been a size 8.5 for the past 10 years.

As for comfort, The Syndicate line addressed 95% of the issues with the Wicked Line. The biggest issue was the discomfort in the ankle area. This was caused by a composite ankle counter that did not have enough padding for most people. If your ankle did not line up, your ankle would hurt. The syndicate line has completely different internals. The Syndicate was actually based on a blend of 4 skates: Pure Fly/S500 retail, Original VSI, L7 retail, and Pro Stock Purefly/S500.

You're 100% right on this. The fit of the Syndicate boot series is absolutely amazing. I also noticed the width of the boot now has changed a bit, compared with the D's I had, the ankles are slightly more roomy, and the mid/upper foot seems a hair wider as well.

hey everybody, i finally have joined modsquad. I have been playing roller hockey for a long time and I am thinking about some new skates. I have had mission rtx's for the past 5 years and they have held up great, but I think i want something new. I was thinking about the mission assassins. I was wondering if any of you could compare the boots and performace as I really like the rtx's. My main ocncerning is finding a similar boot to the rtx becasue I am very comfotable with it. Thanks for the help.

hey everybody, i finally have joined modsquad. I have been playing roller hockey for a long time and I am thinking about some new skates. I have had mission rtx's for the past 5 years and they have held up great, but I think i want something new. I was thinking about the mission assassins. I was wondering if any of you could compare the boots and performace as I really like the rtx's. My main ocncerning is finding a similar boot to the rtx becasue I am very comfotable with it. Thanks for the help.

Sorry bro, the new Mission series is going to feel completely different than your old skate. However, I can say with full confidence, you will love the Syndicate line (Call me a shill if you want, but it's true).

great thanks for the help. i am going to try and find a hockey shop around me that carries them. but i think you are right. they look like they would be great. i am all about comfort because wheels/bearings can be changed.

update: I just ordered the lieutenants because I got an unbelievable deal on them. I ordered an 11.5 since that what my old one's were. I hope I didn't make a mistake there. After baking I will post a review.