Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Buzz_LightBeer

Warrior Johnson

Background:

5_10 188

Initial thoughts:

A quick warning to the Warrior haters, don't read this. First off, aesthetically i think this stick is great, brown with beige and orange striping, retro lettering, and blue warrior badge. It is 48" long, which is a minus for me, i prefer 52" so i had to add a 4" plug. I got the shaft in 80 flex, a big plus since 80 flex shafts are hard to come by in retail. It has grip, i would quantify it as a smooth version of nipple grip, less tacky than easton and bauer grip, very nice IMO. After a few uses, some areas are peeling, nto quite as severe as MM zbubbles, one spot of lost grip doesnt tend to run. For a little background, i had an 85 flex AK27, which i absolutely hated. This shaft is not light, it is noicibly heavier than the AK27, and i would consider the 80 flex rating accurate.

Performance

I paired this shaft with an old RTM Inno Korolyuk blade, like i stated before, this shaft has some weight to it, but not enough to be called "heavy." Stickhandling felt very natural, as the stick is not overly weighted in any area, slapshots came off very quick, wrist shots even better. all in all i would say i was exceptionally impressed with the performance of this shaft. shots i noticed were very accurate, moreso a blade factor.

Short term

I have used this stick about 20 times, and i couldnt be happier, and ill continue to update