Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TourHockeykid89

Tour Code Carbons

Been on them for over 30+ games and dont have a single problem. They're pretty stiff at first, but you'll get used to them very quick.

The only thing i wasnt a fan right out of the box was the tongue. Its was too flabby at the top. Would've liked a little more substance to it, like Mission does.

I'm 6'4, 215. I've been playing on my carbons for a month or so. I absolutely love them. Wore them around the house a few hours before skating in them first to help break them in a little and get used to the straight 80 Hummer chassis. They are holding up great. No problems so far. I was worried about being too stiff and not breaking in, but I haven't had any problems with that. After my first game, they seemed to fit my feet pretty well. I did take out the stock insole and replaced it with a pair of Superfeet grays after that game. I would recommend them.

To those who comment about the stiffness why dont you just skip the top one or two eyelets? That is what I have always done to get a little more flexibility...

I don't own Code Carbons, but my brother does and I wore his a few times before getting Code 1s, and both are great once broken in.

Does anyone find that the stock tongues give major lacebite?

I haven't noticed any lace bite at all. I thought the tongues in the Code Carbon were specifically designed to eliminate any lace bite that people were having with the Code 1's.

Does anyone find that the stock tongues give major lacebite?

I haven't noticed any lace bite at all. I thought the tongues in the Code Carbon were specifically designed to eliminate any lace bite that people were having with the Code 1's.

Yes they were designed to stop lace bite. I have had my pair for about a year and have had no lace bite.

I have the Carbon's love them, I have had them about 2 weeks now skate 3-4 times and I broke them in within 4 skates. I did feel some lace bite though, so like someone else mentioned I skipped the top eyelet. Nothing but cheers for these skates, owned about every pair and all brands and these are the best so far.

The Code Carbon skate does have a new Tongue design. The new tongue design features a Vacuum formed outside protective piece. This is especially good for the guys that really like to torgue there laces as tight as possible. This eliminates any chance for lace bite. Although the Carbon if stiff boot, it's very comfortable fit. Shouldn't take many skates to break it in.

do the 9.9s have the same anti-lace bite tongue as the carbons? Top of my feet are absolutely raw after my first skate with them.

I think it may just be the tongue liner itself.

Do your socks cover the area which is raw?

how are the hummers treating you felix?

i got a chance to skate on them for about a hour wednesday night...it felt really weird at first, I got used to them a little bit but for some reason I feel slower in them than the 72 72 80 80 hi-lo. I probably need to adjust my stride or something.

do the 9.9s have the same anti-lace bite tongue as the carbons? Top of my feet are absolutely raw after my first skate with them.

I think it may just be the tongue liner itself.

Do your socks cover the area which is raw?

I can't remember which socks I had on, but the area probably wasn't covered.