Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey5597

Changing Wheels for Sport Court

I have talked to somebody about wheel hardness on sport court and they said that I am going to need a softer wheel than what I am currently using. I am confused because he told me to use the Revision Platinums and the matrix on their web site told me otherwise, I also wasn't sure what playing surface the matrix applied to. If there are any other suggestions regarding another brand I should look into let me know.

If I do go the revision route I would probably get the 07 Variants

I weigh 167 lbs and I am currently using Rink Rat Hornets 76A

Well my weight is 194 lbs and i use 76a on sport court. actually i use the hornet too so your fine. For someone who is 167 lbs, anything lower then a 76a might be a little to low. As for revision i dont know. Check hockeymonkey and they tell you all there durometers.

it's personal preference. Typically a softer dual pour wheel does better on sportcourt, ala Hornet, Hot Shot, etc. I don't have any experience with Revision wheels as of yet, so I can't speak to that.

I agree it's all personal preference I weigh 215 and I've only used X-soft, never really had a problem with cracking wheels or anything only thing I felt was a was a bit sluggish while coasting.

Then again last game I used Labeda Asphalt wheels on sportcourt and it felt better then the Fuzion. Go with what you want is my suggestion.

I have talked to somebody about wheel hardness on sport court and they said that I am going to need a softer wheel than what I am currently using. I am confused because he told me to use the Revision Platinums and the matrix on their web site told me otherwise, I also wasn't sure what playing surface the matrix applied to. If there are any other suggestions regarding another brand I should look into let me know.

If I do go the revision route I would probably get the 07 Variants

I weigh 167 lbs and I am currently using Rink Rat Hornets 76A

you should be using either a plat-gold-gold-plat setup or an all gold.

I am 180 and use all gold, experienced some cracks on my back wheels after a couple games...but I am very hard on wheels. for 167 lbs all gold would be perfect.