Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

cdn members where does hockeyworld..

ship from? i'm thinking of ordering 9k's but when it when to shipping it said shipping method was usps. I don't know if i'm it's gonna be worth it if i'm gonna get hit by taxes/duties, in thats situation i might just pay little more and get them from LHS (since i'm gonna put custom +s on them).

would it be a good idea to buy from a member who works a pro shop? (maybe then i could get them with different holders right away?).

would it be a good idea to buy from a member who works a pro shop? (maybe then i could get them with different holders right away?).

i ordered 5k's from hockey world and when they came in i had to pay canada post $61 is customs fees.

I don't know where in Canada you are, but assuming you were from BC and were paying 12% (5% GST, 7%PST), that would mean you were taxed on a value of over $500 CAD for a pair of 5Ks?

However, is it only the 9Ks that are made in Canada, and the rest of the RBK line is made outside North America? I suppose that would explain your charges as you probably paid around 12% duty as well.

For anyone that knows, does it say on the box or on the skates that 9KS are made in Canada?

I paid 30$ shipping for a pair of pants shipped to Montreal.

They ship from Michigan, I add to pay a 15% tax on the value of the pants tho!

the skates were listed on the form at $169. the duty rate is listed as 18% so thats $30.47.add $9.99 in gst,add $15.73 in pst,add $5 "handling" fee and there you go, $61.19 in fees!

i am in montreal by the way!

sorry to resurrect a dead topic, but i justed wanted to inform our canadian members. i recently bought a pair of graf 735 from hockeymonkey for 299 and the ups import charges, brokerage and gst total was $68, no customs or duties, $25 dollars to ship to alberta

The moral of that story is never ever buy something that's being shipped from the US to Canada via UPS or FedEx ground service. It's the biggest scam going.

The moral of that story is never ever buy something that's being shipped from the US to Canada via UPS or FedEx ground service. It's the biggest scam going.

No, it's the second biggest scam going. The biggest scam going is the price of hockey equipment in Canada.

i wouldnt consider it that bad, since the skate is 549 or something like that retail in stores i still saved 150

No, it's the second biggest scam going. The biggest scam going is the price of hockey equipment in Canada.

for sure these skates are on clearance at 499 at all the LHS, but now problem is i have to return them cause they are half size too bad, i'm curious to know if i can exchange them at a LHS since i want to have tuuk's install they will still get some of my business.