Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmcc721

regret

I know the hockey companies have to push out new product just to have that "cutting edge" image but it just sucks when they kill something that's already so good. I'm in agreement with some of the other guys here in saying that the Vapor 10s are one hell of a skate. I wish I had bought another pair.

in reference to the old nike air accels I bought a pair of those on final clearance in New York about 5 years ago and loved them!!! They were one of very few skates that had the type of durability where I could just keep skating on them for years untill things like the copper rivots got wedged in between the insole and outsole happened. They held there support for quite some time. When you are a 260lbs hockey player like myself, a boot that will keep its support for over 6 months is an achievement so in the nike's defense I thought they were great. The exo skeloton support systems are a great idea in my mind.

to keep with the theme my 1st pair of tacks were mis sized by 1 whole size too big and plus ccms have about zero support anyways so needless to say it was an aweful experience. I wound up converting my pro comp 5000 roller blades over to ice skates with prolite 3s on them. At the time no skates had the plastic toe boxes so I really stuck out on the ice (not to mention I also had a prolite on a pair of bauers). Another bad experience was a pair of externo outcast roller hockey skates. Once again a skate with an external support system unfortuantely after 2 weeks they began to cause a serious growth right by my pinky toes on both feet. I wound up selling them on ebay for well below what I paid for them (someone got a steal)

I regretted my second pair of skates, my mission amp flyweights. I had previously used a pair of CCM 1052s which were 2 1/2 sizes too big (I was stupid enough to believe online sizing charts). The Amps were 3 sizes too big. Never got use to them. My 1052s were the right pair for me, I have a wide foot, even though they were too big. I have since bought CCM 852s and acheived skate nirvana

i regret paying $500 for amp flyweights and custom +'s when they first came out at.

I had the exact same thing cept i like them.

I regret those old Nike Air Accels.

So does everyone.

I have a friend (playing for kitchener rangers) who went all nike when they first released their stuff. He began to have pains all over his foot, and brought the skates to his doctor. He looked at the skates, left the room, came back with a sledge hammer and litterally smashed the skates.

I have a pair of those. I regret that I can't wear them because they're the most comfortable skates I've owned. Fit like they're custom made for me.

Unfortunately, they make my arches hurt so bad I could hardly walk for months and missed most of the last season. :angry:

I regret that I can't wear them because they're the most comfortable skates I've owned [...] Unfortunately, they make my arches hurt so bad I could hardly walk for months and missed most of the last season.

pillepalle.gif