Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1q3er5

Cinderella looking for a skate that fits

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice as i'm in the market for a new pair of skates for inline hockey. I don't really care it its a inline or ice boot as I plan on slapping a sprung chassis.

I usually find when I'm shopping for skates in a store, I don't have them on nearly long enough to know if I will have problems with comfort during long sessions! I've had regrets with both ice and inline skates which seemed great in the store but even after years of skating on them absolutely kill my feet!

I suffer from severe ankle pain (outer and inner ankle) as I have very bony feet and arch pain where i can actually curl my feet because of too much room under my feet (curling your feet is very painful for me)

I'm a skinny dude only weigh 145 pounds at 5'9. So I got skinny feet and my ankle bone really sticks out alot especially the outer side. Though I am skinny, I am pretty fast, agile skater and am also curious if skate stiffness would be a factor considering my status as a lightweight. I like skates with ample forward flex as I really like to lean forward when im skating hard.

So here are some ugle pictures of my feet (hair included) if anyone has feet like mine and has found a pair of skates that really fits them well please tell me what they are!!!

Photo-0004edit.jpg

Photo-000kj1edit.jpg

Photo-0007edit.jpg

May I suggest posting links of foot pictures from here on out? I'm sure it grosses some people out.

LOL i'm from burnaby, you may actually recognize my feet hahaha just don't call me out on it in public.

Anatomy of the foot class or something... I like how you pointed out every bone below the knee and even the hair! haha

In all seriousness, maybe try some Tours. I have a similar foot, veins, bony ankle and hairy leg (haha) and found them to be very comfortable out of the box. My foot does not have quite the arch you do, however. What kind of ice skates are you currently using?

Seriously have you looked properly at tour boots?

They are alot wider than (D-width) Vectors, and have a lower arch.

Vector and RBK are also different in comparison, with the RBK's having a wider heel and a slightly lower arch... (but higher than tour)

Seriously have you looked properly at tour boots?

They are alot wider than (D-width) Vectors, and have a lower arch.

Vector and RBK are also different in comparison, with the RBK's having a wider heel and a slightly lower arch... (but higher than tour)

Yeah I have looked at them. In fact I look at them about once a week when I play. I will admit that they are a wider, but they did not feel substantially wider, and I agree the Vector and RBK are different, but I felt the Tours had the most heel support. Then again, I never said I had a real high arch...

What about Bauers? I felt my previous ones had a fairly high arch, is that not the case and they are pretty flat?

The wideness also depends on what tours. For example the Q’s are a little wider than carbons. My foot looks a lot like yours minus having that big of an arch. Tours may be the way to go, try them and see how they fit. You may need to just replace the foot beds to compensate for your high arch.

Thanks for the input guys. Definitely gonna try vectors as I've heard other people saying they do have a narrower profile.

Hey AWE46M3 what tour's exactly would you recommend, the carbons?

Man its hard finding any tour products in vancouver, and if you do its usually limited, might have to border hop.

Hey Bert, I'm not in a league right now but I've been invited by some random dudes I was playing a pickup game with. Where do you get your inline stuff from Bert.

Can anyone vouche for a pair of graphs that would suit me for a conversion?

Hey AWE46M3 what tour's exactly would you recommend, the carbons?

I have Code-1s as I dont play inline that much, I'll play like 2 10 week seasons per year. I did, however, wear my brother's Carbons for a short period of time when deciding what I was going to buy; I was between the Vector 10.0s and Code-1s, but since I dont play that much inline I figured I'd save the few extra bucks. If I played more I would recommend, the Code Carbons as they seemed to be of better quality compared to my Code-1s. Tour has some new Cobalts out now though but they weren't available when I purchased mine so I did not try any on.

Also the carbons fit like the code-1's just stiffer. I would try them both on and then go with which one you like more.

Can anyone vouche for a pair of graphs that would suit me for a conversion?

For Grafs, I'd say a 735/Ultra G35 would be best. It has the narrow heel of the 703, but the added depth of the 705.

With just about any boot you get, I'm thinking you'll want to get it punched out for your ankle bone.

mission boots tend to fit narrow as well, particularly the AG line. you will definitly need to get the ankles punched or a good heat fit will solve that problem for you

mission boots tend to fit narrow as well, particularly the AG line. you will definitly need to get the ankles punched or a good heat fit will solve that problem for you

Thanks for the input, so basically my feet are deformed and I need to punch out the ankles of whatever boot i get eh?

How bout I get cosmetic ankle surgery - "an ankle reduction"!!! :D

^^^^ so your saying he needs to buy a deformed skate???

If you plan to put a sprung frame on whatever you buy any way, you will get a higher quality boot for the same price if you buy an ice skate compared to an inline skate. As for what kind, thats beyond me...

^^^^ so your saying he needs to buy a deformed skate???

If you plan to put a sprung frame on whatever you buy any way, you will get a higher quality boot for the same price if you buy an ice skate compared to an inline skate. As for what kind, thats beyond me...

Ya I will be looking at ice boots too. Durability might be an issue because I'm pretty sure I will at some point be using it indoors and outdoors on blacktop. Although it's beginning to look like I might need 2 pairs maybe one for indoors and one for outside.

Hey! I'm very sensitive about my deformed feet.

You guys and your comments are a devestating blow to my self esteem :lol:

^^^ At the very least have a set of wheels for outdoor and another for indoor use. To be honest, I have always been a fan of ice conversions. For whatever reason in the past I always felt ice boots were better, perhaps falsely though.

well for the missions especially, the ankle packs are huge, so that they will form really well with the heat fit. so if your lucky, maybe your lhs will let you heat fit before you decide to buy or maybe they will just work out great from the start!