Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buntrosgali

Knee Stacks

Hi guys looking some knee stacks to put onto a pair of vaughn pads i got recently, they dont have any knee stacks, only do nets for fun the odd time so dont want to be spending $50 on new pads looking to pick up even 2nd pair for cheap :D

these are the pads i have got :D

blaze_ko_hutchins_scores_safe_450x320.jpg

Knee-stacks (aka knee-raisers, knee-lifts) are the middle part of the 'sandwich' that supports the goalies' knees above the ice in the butterfly position; when upright, they're on the inside of the knee. The sandwich generally looks like this:

[your knee]

knee-lock (bottom half of)

knee-stack (one or more)

knee-wing

[ice]

If there's one relatively solid knee-stack (as on high-end RBK pads, Bryzgaov's Velocities, or like the ones I sent to buntros) it's generally referred to as a knee-block.

Knee-stacks (aka knee-raisers, knee-lifts) are the middle part of the 'sandwich' that supports the goalies' knees above the ice in the butterfly position; when upright, they're on the inside of the knee. The sandwich generally looks like this:

[your knee]

knee-lock (bottom half of)

knee-stack (one or more)

knee-wing

[ice]

If there's one relatively solid knee-stack (as on high-end RBK pads, Bryzgaov's Velocities, or like the ones I sent to buntros) it's generally referred to as a knee-block.

oh i see. do they come standard on most pads or do you need to buy them seperatly if you want them?

Almost all pads come with them (to varying degrees), but you'll find the odd pair of used or pro-return pads that don't.

Some pads will come with a pile (4-6) thin ones, with the idea being that you can customise how high your knee sits; RBK Premiers, on the other hand, come with one solid block.

You can probably make some knee stacks cheap by buying camping foam. I know a bunch of members on another BB I frequent have made their own. I'm not entirely sure which foam works, but if you can visit a camping supply shop, like EMS or something, you'd be able to pick out what would work.