Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYR14

Lace Bite

After the second time skating in my Vectors, I have developed the dreaded lace bite. Not too bad yet compared to when I had it with my first Bauers 20 years ago. Are there any new technologies around to help with this besides the old extra piece of foam under the tongue?

Gel pads work a bit better than foam from what I've been told. Maltese makes some and you can usually find them in the figure skating section of a rink pro shop.

you can usually find them in the figure skating section of a rink pro shop.

Thanks Chadd. Never thought of the gel route. Better not let any of my friends see me in the figure skating section. :P Liable to get burned at the stake.

If the variety of lace bite you are experiencing is focused pain in the tendons that transition from the bridge of your foot to your ankle, I have a suggestion. After trying several inserts including the gel pads, I had the best results with a home made 3" x 4" rectangle of 1/8" - 3/16" thick silicone foam rubber (weather stripping material). I'm sure something with similar material properties like a neoprene mouse pad would work equally well. Good luck.