Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

Nike/Bauer One90

Product: Nike/Bauer One90 Left, 102 flex, Lindros curve

Time of use: About a month; twice a week in games and once a week in stick practice.

Me: 35 y.o. 6'1" 180# On ice since I could stand :P

Stickhandling/receiving passes: I have found it to be a very good stick for receiving passes, and better than my CCM Vector 6.0 for stickhandling by far, (a fact I attribute to it's far superior balance and feeling less "blade heavy" than the Vector). I had got used to the contoured design of the Vector's shaft and it took a few times out with the One90 to get used to it's "double concave" design; the tactile texture of it is very good though and that helped.

Stickhandling: 7/10

Receiving passes: 8/10

Shooting: Here is what this stick was made for. I have always been more of a playmaking, passing center than a sniper, but my slap shot and one timer were still pretty good. That being said, they are both now noticeably improved. The goalie I regularly see at a stick practice I go to said something about my slapper almost immediately. Personally I felt a faster (and heavier) slap shot coming off my blade within the first few shots I attempted. The puck tended to spray around a little wildly at first though, and it took two or three skates to adjust to the new power and get back to my customary level of accuracy. I can't say that I was as thrilled with it's wrist shot capabilities but it is still more than adequate.

Shooting: 10/10

Weight and balance: The stick is very light; (it's weight is not as readily advertised as most other high-end composite sticks though for some reason). Certainly not the lightest stick ever made, but it was noticeable lighter than my Vector instantly. I find it's balance to be nearly perfect.

Weight: 7/10

Balance: 9.5/10

Durability: The stick is touted as being very tough, and it seems to be. Other than the usual nicks and scratches and a little bit of the tactile texture sticker getting scraped off it is still doing fine.

Durability: 8.5/10

Intangibles: I think the stick looks great, which is obviously a matter of personal preference.

Intangibles: 9/10

Conclusion: I would not hesitate to buy this stick again, (hopefully that won't be necessary for a good while still though). If you have a great shot you absolutely need this stick. If you don't, and want to improve the shot you do have, this is also the stick for you. Like any new stick it'll take a little adjustment, but it really does not have a glaring weakness, so once you get used to it all you've done is improve your shot.

Conclusion: 9/10

Edited by lextune

Nike Bauer ONE90

User Back Ground: 6:0 178lbs Nike Bauer ONE90 102 Pro Flex P92. High school roller hockey on the rink 3-4 times a week.

Blade: This blade was very stiff and had great puck feel. The stiff blade did not bother me at all, I was able to catch passes and make great passes with this blade but I think that its more the person holding the stick doing those two things. But this was also the downfall of the stick. After about 10 months and 45 games the blade started to get soft and I replaced the stick. Once the blade went soft so did my shot. I could not elevate the puck or get decent velocity on my shots. But still 10 months I think is a good life for a blade. 9/10

Shaft and Flex: This was my first 102 flex stick. I have been using 85s all my life until I decided that I wanted something stiffer. The flex was defiantly different than what I was used to but after a few shots I got used to the flex. The shaft shape was different from my ak27. The AK27 was defiantly more rounded in shape. This was not like a CNT or a ION but it was noticeable. The last thing about the shaft was the tactile grip coating, one of the best things about the stick IMO. I do not like a sticky grip, but this was just right for me. The shaft is covered with little squares that give you a noticeable feeling. This grip was defiantly more noticeable than the warrior nipple grip. 9/10

Stick handling, and receiving passes: Like I said in the blade part of the review, this blade was very stiff and it had great feel. I was able to catch all the passes and I was able to put the puck where I wanted to put it. Stick handling was great too. I could control the puck and go through traffic and I always knew that the puck was still on the blade. 9/10

Shooting: This is where the stick shined. This is the best shooting stick that I have owned to date. Pucks just flew off the blade. This stick has a higher kick point than other OPS and this is what gave my slap shot extra velocity. I play forward along with defense and I'm putting to rest the myth that this is a stick for defensive men. My wrist shots came off fast and accurate and my slap shots were just a good. This is hands down one of the best shooting sticks on the market today IMO. 10/10

Weight and balance: This is also one of the most balanced sticks I have had. This felt great at full length after I taped it up. It feels lighter than a vapor XXXX or at least in my hands. I would guess that this comes in at 430 grams without tape and if feels even lighter due to its perfect balance. 10/10

Durability: This thing was a absolute tank. It took a ton of hacks from various players. The shaft has lasted

10+ months but the blade did go soft after 10 months of play. I would consider turning this into a shaft but it has some sentimental value to me. The stick only has paint chips and a few minor gashes in the composite itself. If the blade did not go soft I would still be using this stick today. 10/10

Intangibles: There was nothing really wrong with the stick but my only comment for this category is that the paint chipped off real quick. After 4 or 5 uses the ONE90 logos were gone by the bottom of the shaft. The stick was fine performance wise. It did not bother me at all because I really do not care what the stick looks like. It's how it performs. No Rating

Conclusion: This is by far the best stick I have used to date. I replaced it with a mission fuel TI pro and I'm hoping that stick can top this one. The stick was a absolute tank, the blade had great feel and also lasted a long time for me. When you wind up for a shot I was confident that it was going to go where I was aiming and it was going to have some speed on it. Great shooting stick for every type of player and I got it for $180 and it lasted me 10 months. Great buy Great Stick.

57/60 = 95/100

Product: One 90, LH SR, PM9 87 flex.

User: 6'0, 145, Shooting Forward

Usage: 7 inline games, and 2 ice stick n puck.

Shaft Feel/Flex: The very first time I picked up the stick, I was very impressed with how it felt natural in my hands. I normally don't like grippy shafts but the tactile grip works perfectly for me. Some of the paint chipped off a little quickly. The 87 flex feels pretty good to me, about as an 87 should.

Rating: All personal preference

Blade: The blade is very stiff and thin. It also is very durable and looks pleasant graphically without tape on, although you won't use it without tape. Edit Update: The blade is almost too thin and stiff for ice hockey. Wicked vibration pain in the hands is no fun. -1

Rating:8.5/10

Stickhandling, Passing: I enjoy passing and stickhandling a lot. This stick seems to make it easier than any other OPS I've had, including my 7k pro-lite. The one area where it's merely good and not great is in the receiving pass department. Be careful, because this blade is lively and that puck may jump right off your blade. 9/10

Shooting: AMAZING! This is a higher kickpoint shaft so when you load it up, it really returns the favor by firing missiles. The accuracy is also superb. My slappers seem to be atleast 4-8 MPH faster with this stick than any other, but hey, I don't take slappers in game! My wristers also seem to be as hard (or harder) with this stick as with any other. I've tried many OPS' in the last year and this stick is the king of the hill shooting. I also have compared it to lower kickpoint shafts and I see no true difference in my release speed.

Rating: 10/10

Weight/Balance: This stick isn't the lightest on the market, weighing in at a respectable 420-430g. However, it truly feels so much lighter because of the near perfect balance. If you haven't held it before, I can't describe it. It's simply ideal.

Rating: 10/10

Durability: I haven't used this stick for all that many games, but it's standing up well thus far. Ironically, in my very first game I caught the blade in a rivet along the boards and thought it was going to snap in two but didn't. Many weeks later, it still needs brand new, except for some paint chipping and tactile grip wear along a few small corners. I have a feeling it's going to last a long time.

Rating: 9.5/10

Conclusion: This stick combines top level quality with top level durability and creates something that is, in my opinion, currently unmatched.

Final Rating: 9/10

Edited by gxc999

Nike/Bauer ONE90

User background: 6’3”, 198lbs; Import playing in the AIHL. On ice for 24 years, playing 4-5 times a week.

Weapon: Nike/Bauer ONE90; 102 Pro Flex, P92.

Blade: At first it was very stiff, yet responsive. Passing and receiving was top notch compared to other OPS I’ve used. The feel was great, even though I grew up using NBH P88 patterns. The curve was actually a nice change being a little more aggressive. The curve/lie is also good for high speed stick-handling and going up top in close. 8.5/10

Shaft and Flex: I’ve been using 102’s for years, and feel as though the One90 is a little stiff. It’s a good flex for unloading slapshots, but hurts the velocity of my wristers. I feel I could be better suited with a 90 or 95 flex. I like the shaft dimensions and the textured grip feeling on the One90. I went for a non-grip shaft but later added some grip. My only issue is a mild vibration I feel when taking a crisp pass; this could be chalked up to using a composite end-plug for the first time. 9/10

Stick handling and Passing: Great for high-speed handling and good in tight as well. As opposed to the other OPS I’ve had, you always feel the puck there. It has the feel of a woodie when receiving a pass. It was easy to keep saucer passes as flat as a pizza with this stick as well. In the past I’ve had issues were the puck would flutter a bit in the air; none of that here. 9/10

Shooting: Hard and accurate slapshots and snapshots, but not a wristshot stick; for me at least. I found the One90 to be great for teeing up high, hard slapshots. The ability to load a quick and hard wristshot was also very apparent. I like that I could get sneaky snapshots off very well, with better accuracy than ever before. I only feel that the stick faltered with wristshots. I will attribute my poor wristshots with the One90 to the flex as I feel it’s a little stiffer than other OPS I’ve used. 8.5/10

Weight and Balance: Nice and light, but I’ve never noticed the balance of a stick before so I won’t comment on that. 9.5/10

Durability: I’m a fan of the durability. It’s been nearly 4 months and the blade has finally cracked. I noticed that my shots weren’t quick as heavy or accurate after the crack, but thats normal. The shaft has been hacked at least 4 nights a week in those 4 months so it’s done its job. I’d buy another if they weren’t $600 here in Australia. I’ll just end up cutting it down and inserting a blade into the shaft. 9.5/10

Intangibles: Just the graphics peeling off. It gave me something to do when I was bored though. I’ll probably paint the shaft anyway...

Conclusion: One of the favorite OPS I’ve had along side the Vapor XX when it came out. It was cheap because I bought it off of a teammate. I’ll buy another one but at the price they are here. I’ll wait to get them at a discount in Canada and buy a few more. All in all the NBH One90 is a great stick for anyone wanting something that handles well, lets you rip slappers/snappers, and lasts a long time.

63/70 = 90/100