Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crazykeeper3317

Advice needed on new pads

Well I have been using CCM Heaton 10 pads for the last few years which i picked up at a kit sale and they are falling apart now so am looking to get some new pads in time for next season.

With being in the UK i can't go down to a shop and try out pads so need some advice on what you all think are good pads on the market that would suit a butterfly style, bearing in mind i have quite a narrow butterfly. I play rec ice hockey and senior inline twice a week so don't need to splash out on a pro pad.

Thanks in advance.

I would highly recommend contacting professional teams in the UK about pro-return gear and team sales. There's at least one other guy on MSH (buntrosgali) and a handful of other guys I've known who have picked up pieces or complete sets of goalie gear for peanuts. Keep an eye out for primarily European brands like Montreal and Miklin - there will be next to nothing on the net about them, but they're fantastic kit, and the prices will be even lower than, say, Vaughn.

For reference, some of the pro-return pads that will feel most like an H10 with butterfly-specific improvement will likely be branded CCM or RBK (Miller is using re-skinned and slightly upgraded H10s, for reference), Bauer Supremes (unless they are the flat-faced ones - the SE3), and anything Koho, although the 580 is probably more what you want than the 590 for a narrow butterfly.

Maybe the new Vaughn 7400s would work for you? I've heard some good things about their craftsmanship and they are relatively cheap. Or maybe even the RBK 8ks with the Turco flex could work for you. Hope that helps a bit.