Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skunkworm

Bearing Cleaning?

Hi all. I have been browsing these forums alot, but never had a question or answer.

A little about myself:

Live in Jersey

Play at center circle in Raway

Cobalt 9.9 w/ Bones Super 6 Swiss

Rink Rat Hot Shot XXX (76a I think)

I currently use Bones Super 6 Swiss bearings and love them. My question or problem is the tedious task of cleaning them! I play outdoors 3 times a week and indoors once a week and I am cleaning my bearings 1-2 times a week! There are a lot of bearing cleaning "machines" out there and I have literally tried them all (except one, which I will get to) and found the Bones brand one to do a good job, but really nothing an old Gatorade bottle and some degreaser won't accomplish. My question is does anyone have a quicker way to clean bearings?! I have even disassembled a dremel to try to make some sort of spinny contraption for bearings to no avail. I have taken apart a Condensate Pump in a lame attempt to make a machine to do this god foresaken task. In my darkest hour I found this http://www.bont.com/shop/product.asp?ItemID=809&Start=0. Is it worth 60 dollars or has anyone come up with a better solution to this awful task.

PS is this isn't allowed then sorry :P

back when i played roller hockey competitively i used to just take apart the skate and blow out each bearing with a mini air compressor we had like one of those little electric house hold ones you get a sears and then apply some bearing greece and I was good to go.

That thing looks like a pocket rocket for the ladies! :lol:

In all seriousness: A good blow (sorry.. had to) after each game with a good soak and relube after each week is sufficient. The grease is designed to hold up to a couple games worth of use. If you keep cleaning out grease when you don't need to, then you're just wasting money. A lot of times, it takes a couples skates to get the balls (sorry again) well coated.

I guess it would be analogous to changing the oil in your car every time you took it out.