Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seedubxj

RBK 7K v. 8K

Ok, time for new skates. Picking between these two due to boot volume and tha fact they ar available in size 13E.

Will I notice any difference for the extra $80 or so the 8Ks will cost me?

I'm an intermediate player at best, playing 2, 3 time a week max. I really dig the 8K color scheme, but the price is a bit much to handle. Unless of course you guys tell me the difference is drastic, then I may reconsider.

Another question. No stores around me have (or will be getting anytime in the next 2 months or so) the 7K or 8K in a 13E. I tried on a 5K size 13E and it felt great, just kinda cheap feeling, as far as the materials.

Should I assume the 7K and 8K will fit the same, or close enough?

Thanks for all the help guys.

Sitting here in San Jose, not playing in NARCh beacuse homeboy can't find skates that don't make his feet go numb 'cause they're 1 size too small.

Well, the 8Ks have a few more features than the 7Ks.

They have Light Metal Mesh quarter panels - Excellent for durability and support, A Clarino Microfiber liner and a F.I.T. System footbed

They have better wheels, RR hornets as opposed to RR hot shots

And they look better

So IMO i would pay the extra $80 for them.

Because your LHS wont be getting the skates any time soon, Maybe you could order them online at inlinewarehouse.com or hockeymonkey.com

I'm in the 7k's right now and couldn't be happier. Very solid feeling skate, never have had any problems with any part of the skate. I'm playing on sportcourt and the wheels haven't been an issue, but then again, my focus is ice. The fit should be similar to the 5k's, and the pump system will help fill any extra room in the heel, if the fit does differ slightly.

And if you order online, I'd recommend IW, great CS, and they have always got my order here on time, great people to deal with.

Ok, well, after a few phone calls, it appears RBK does not even offer the 8k or 9k in a 13e, or d for that matter. Pretty much made my decision for me.

My new 7k's arrive tomorrow, compliments of inlinewarehouse. They are only 3 hours away from me, so free ground shipping=next day! Woo Hoo!

I've had these skates 10.5E for about 6 months now...and i love them. Most comfortable skates i've worn. I've never had a E width skate before and i'm so happy I finally got a good fitting skate. I'm a big dude at 6' 290 lbs. I've played for about 12 years and these are the best yet. Even the durometer of the stock wheels work good for me. Even the pump helps out and is a good feature for me......not just a gadget. My buddy just got a pair of the same skates this week. For the money, I think you'll be happy.

A little off topic, but I have to agree that inlinewarehouse has to have the best customer service out there. They called me on my cell phone to tell me that they could ship my visor for less money and get it to me the same day if I wanted. Great people.