Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WhiskeyTango19

North Jersey Men's leagues.

Hey guys, looking forward to finding a men's league after I heal. I tried playing in Wallington NJ (ISCA), but that league sucks. The talent is pretty good, but poorly run, and VERY VERY poorly officiated. I'm not one of those guys who bitches about referees, and saying all shit about them, because I have Reffed for about 10 years. I am saying the Ref's they use aren't certified, and have never really been taught how to ref.

... but back to topic. Looking to play in a Mens league. I live in Hoboken, NJ and would love to play in the area. I used to play in Goodsports in Wall, but would like to try and find a closer league. I know about Aberdeen, and really like that rink and league, but am still looking to broaden my hockey horizons. Help me out guys!

Not too many options up North other than ISCA, but Inman in Edison has some good leagues. Takes about 40 mins. on a work day with traffic driving down around 6ish so that kinda sucked. Plus, it's not the size of an shoe box like ISCA. Other than that, there's Morristown but that alone is about 40 mins. without traffic.

Not too many options up North other than ISCA, but Inman in Edison has some good leagues. Takes about 40 mins. on a work day with traffic driving down around 6ish so that kinda sucked. Plus, it's not the size of an shoe box like ISCA. Other than that, there's Morristown but that alone is about 40 mins. without traffic.

Hey Fury, whats the deal with Morristown? I heard that keeps closing, then re-opening. Does anyone here play there, and can shed some light on it for me?

isca is the worst place to play hockey

I agree. Dennis really needs to get that place together. It would be so convienent (sp?) to play there, but like I said, use refs who actually have experience reffing, other than ISCA.

i was going to suggest inman but the refs are terrible. they're nice guys, don't get me wrong.... but they never call anything. last week i had to break up a fight on the court and i was a spectator.... IN THE STANDS!

I've played the last 8 years or so at ISCA. I've moved recently and it's too far to travel there. Besides that I am tired of the way the leagues are run and how the games are officiated. You can't ask a question in a normal tone without getting an extra penalty. The one ref there I like to call Baywatch cause he reminds me of the old life guard with the mustache that played second fiddle to Hasselhoff. He's the biggest idiot there by far! Any way I'm going to try the league in Morristown since it's closer to my house.

if it's a place called "instant replay" don't waste your time...

from what i hear. inman, and aberdeen are the best 2. rahway isn't bad.... the surface is just ick. at inman A leauge is the only one worth the time... i think A leauge gets real refs....

inman is probably yo best bet but no A league during summer and doesnt look like one for next season yet but if one does come back its usually the same 4/5 teams but where every other division has like 9 plus teams...

Instant Replay is like the kumate of hockey. It's like you're playing in a barn and it's dark as hell in there. There's wood beams that run across the ceiling that are probably 9 feet high from the ground. Rink's a decent size and the upper levels had good comp when I played but it was pricey, like $230 or more. Have no idea if it's been fixed up since then.

Do you play outdoor in Hoboken or JC?

No. I looked in to playing in the Hoboken league, but no one ever got back in contact with me. I would much rather play indoors though.