Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin 1933

2005 Mission Roller Pics

personally i think the new mission skates are ugly. but we all know, looks arn't everything.

anybody ever used block pants, they are great.

some feedback on the line after getting my hands on the stuff this week (bearing in mind that its samples which could have some changes made to it before product actually hits the market).

He950 - Looks nice and as we know incredibly light! The bearings were weird, one side was recessed in. Should have been put on the inside of the wheel but were one one way and the other the other way - a good spot for dirt build up. The hardware on the Mag frame is the same as 2004s D1 with the "nut" part locking into the frame which makes it annoying when you do a wheel rotation/switch. When youre undoing the axel the whole length of the axel is turning, then when you pull it out the locked up nut is hard to get out, needing to stick the axel back it to push out the nut, then pull the axel out - a bit annoying esp when the old system worked better. Why switch to 6mm axels? the physics of it all states that bigger is better, direct contact with the bearing etc. Additionally the spacer sleeve didnt run right to the outer edge of the bearing There is some wobble in the wheel when the axel is tight in two of the wheels. The fact that its not on all 4 is annoying as more difficult to isolate the problem. The Factory wheels all had pretty serious bubble action going on!

The new DNA strands look real robust, unfortunately where they meet the skin of the boot its all bumpy which kind of affects the nice clean lines. No ventilation toe cap! After years of telling us this matters apparently not anymore! Don't know if they have made another toe cap for the E widths?

He750 - Nice to see Mission give up on a partly extruded partly pressed alu frame in this segment and go fully extruded! Its 2004's D1 frame and an excellent frame at this level of skate. A good option if the bright white of the 950 doesnt attract you, though the boot seems a bit soft for this amount of money.

The Juniors line is all pretty much as expected - except the size 4/5 wheels have changed from 76/68 to 72/68 which is a change in the wrong direction - more cost cutting I presume.

The rest of the line is all petty much as you'd expect. Not a bad line, after the $%#@ whopping CCM has been giving them I'd say Mission will regain some ground in the new year - but that could have as much to do with what CCM has (hasn't) brought to market as what Mission has...

The incredible CS at mission is sending me compensation for my d2c's, so im assuming i'll get the 750's. Im liking the sound of fully extruded :)