Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crazy-luke-finch

the best skates for the money

Hi there

i would like your input on which of these skates are the best - CCM Vector 10, RBK 8K, RBK 9K, Mission Boss or Tour Cobalt Q

They are all around the same price at my LHS and all fit me reasonably well, though id have to get them baked/moulded to get the correct fit.

I am 140lbs 5'8"

Thank you

It all depends on your foot type, and what fits you best. Those are all good boots, but take your time and find the Best fitting pair. Reasonably well isn't perfect fit, even if they're all similar in price. Work with your LHS and get it right. No point in wasting yours and the LHS's time by getting an incorrectly fitting skate.

I second that.

Also, take a look at the frames...

There are different setups. Some love the all 80mm setup while hating the hi-lo. Some prefer the Vanguard frame.All personal pref.

Go with the ones you have experience with and on which you feel confortable.

i personally love the tri-di. I quite like the vangaurd but the straight labeda chassis felt wierd but im sure i could get used to

as for the fit, youd be very surprised but they do all fit me quite well, but anyway im trying to find out which skates are the best quality ect. for the money from your opinions, knowledge and experiences.

but thanks all the same

Very much based on Personal pref. I wear converted Ice to Inline skates as I don't like what's currently on the market and Bauer's inline range is far too low grade atm to buy something off the shelf.

To be honest but, no matter what brand you name there will be some people that love them and some people that hate them.

Try on skates at your LHS and get a feel for what best you, unfortunately its not possible to answer just on a msg board based on your measurements.

You have a great LHS in South Yorkshire ... so rather than ask a load of faceless people on the net who can't see your feet in the boots... why don't you actually go and see them and get advice from the LHS you have access to, and the people who have been running it for 14 years+.

They will tell you which boots they have quality issues and which boots don't (i.e. customer's who complain about the brand).