Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jukeboxhero

new hockey stick too "sticky"

Hi everyone,

I just bought a new hockey stick, and the shaft feels almost like a very smooth sandpaper, so that my gloves stick to the shaft instead of moving freely. Is there any recommendations on how to get this nice and smooth?

The stick is a Fury Payback OPS - upgrading from an old easton cyclone shaft. I'm not sure if the stickiness I'm referring to might just be because its still new, and something that could wear off after a few games.

Thanks!

I bought an XXX lite and felt the same thing. What I did was take a low grit piece of sand paper and lightly used it. Took a few times of doing this before it felt less sticky but none the less worked. Mind you it did take a small amount of the graphics off which didnt bother me.

Hi everyone,

I just bought a new hockey stick, and the shaft feels almost like a very smooth sandpaper, so that my gloves stick to the shaft instead of moving freely. Is there any recommendations on how to get this nice and smooth?

The stick is a Fury Payback OPS - upgrading from an old easton cyclone shaft. I'm not sure if the stickiness I'm referring to might just be because its still new, and something that could wear off after a few games.

Thanks!

A textured grip like Polarfibre will not come off or be covered, but one like the One90 texture can be sanded off. I don't know what Fury sticks use for grip though.

What kind of glove palms do you have? If you're using certain palms, certain grip styles will be enhanced. Nash with a soft grip is a lot less sticky than digital with soft.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll try some of the methods out and let you know what works. As far as I can tell, its just a painted stick with some stickers on it - doesn't seem to have a special grip wrap or anything on it.