Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Masa

HECC or CSA approved helmets?

Trust me - the sightlines on even the worst straight-bar cages are way the heck better than the best certified CSA/HECC cat-eye. The only purpose of those cert cata-eyes is to look faintly pro-ish in the store - which is one sure way to guarantee you look silly and can't see the puck.

Er, no. Not at all.

The cage on the 1400 is a certified cat-eye. Not only is it a terrible cage with poor sightlines, that is one of the worst and least protective masks ever certified.

The cage on the 9601 is a non-certified pro cat-eye. (ie. illegal in CSA/HECC leagues).

The third kind is a straight-bar certified cage, as seen on the Itech 9600 and 960. This is vastly preferable to the certified cat-eye.

Woops, you're right - the 1400 is a terrible *straight* certified cage, which is still marginally better than that godawful cert. cateye. In my half-asleep haze I think I looked at those stupid welds in the periphery of the cage and drew the wrong inference. Serves me right for offering advice when I'm catatonic.

lately ive been seeing a cage that is simmilar to the certified cat but not simmilar. it has a triangle look to the middle of the cage. anyone know about it or had expierence?