Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spor 13

Please help me decide on skates

Hi,

I currently wear sz 7.5 RBK 5K '07 skates and they're clearly too big for my foot. They were ok at first, but now my foot just feels sloppy and i'm sliding inside the boot. It's my fault as their obviously not the right size (I wear Nike size 7 shoes...I know - small feet). I'm currently looking for a more narrow fit, something like the Vapor. I'd describe myself as an intermediate skater and I play 1-2 times/week.

Currently I'm looking at:

-Mission Lieutenant (since they're on clearance right now)

-Tour Cobalt 8.8 (although I'm still not sure about the Hummer chassis)

-'09 CCM Vector 6.0

I live in Toronto, so there's not many stores I can buy inlines at, let alone try on. I did manage to try on a pair of Cobalt 9.9's in size 6, and while the fit was not bad (it felt a little wide through the midfoot-toe area), it was really stiff. It probably need a bake or something to get a good fit. The manager of the store let me skate around (on cold concrete) for a few minutes, I was sliding a bit but more so cause of the cold concrete. The chassis is definitely an adjustment and it sorta felt like I had skis on my feet.

In terms of what I'm looking for, I'd like a fit that's like a foot wrap. I wear Kor Shift 1's on ice, so I'm looking for something like that, or close to it. I know I could buy some ice skates and do the conversion, but I'm not really up for it at this point in time.

Can anybody help me?

P.S If I was to order the LT's, would I get a size 6?

CCM are cut similar to RBK (wide) and as you already found out, Tour runs a little wide as well. If you really like the Kor boot, why not buy another and have a chassis mounted on it.

I agree with Ray. I also use a KOR Shift 1, am very happy with their performance, and have been pondering buying 2 extra pairs - 1 for a back-up ice hockey skate, the other for conversion to inline (want to put Sprung's on them!). That way I can use the same boot for both ice and inline. According to the research I've done on msh, only the Shift 2's are convertible to inline. You may want to go that route but note that the Shift 2's are slightly higher than the Shift 1's.

the only store i've seen in the area that has the syndicate line is National Sports (they have soldiers). Perhaps you can try those on to guage how the LT's will fit?