Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skokan

Mission Assassin chassis size

Hi guys,

I just bought myself a pair of Mission Assassins '08 (same as '09)

Boot size for me is 11.5EE

When having a close look at home, I noticed the chassis is a "M" size (according to the "M" at front wheel level on the chassis)

According to my standards, 11.5EE is quite a big foot, so I am surprised to see these big boots are fitted with medium chassis.

In store I saw a pair of wicked 5s size 12EE which had chassis size "L".

Should I be concerned about this? Manufacturing fault?

Does anyone of you wear 11.5 Assassins? If yes, could you check?

Thanks in advance!!

There you go.

As you can see at front wheel level chassis is marked "M".

I find it rather short in the back compared to the boot, I hope I won't tend to flip back :angry:

I didn't had the chance yet to try them out.

My LHS checked with other Assassins, and they have Large chassis for sizes 12 and 13.

"M" for 10 to 11.5

"S" for everything less than size 10

ywfxme.jpg

Looks more like a mislabeled frame to me.

Had a check on my Bosses last night and they had a M chassis.

Then again, I didn't bought them at Yannick's place... ;)

From your picture, the chassis looks a bit small for the boot. Have you skated on them yet? I'd be interested to read what you think...as you get the maximum benefits of the 76mm & 80mm wheels, as well as the shortest wheel base. Also, there may not be a big difference with the overall length of the chassis between a Medium and a Large. It may only be the mounting points for where the chassis meets your boot. Finally, I would contact Mission and get their input. It seems to me as though this was a potential error in manufacturing.

No, I didn't skated on them yet, I'm curious too.

I contacted Mission on the same day I posted this topic through the "contact" page on their website... no answer yet. <_<

my boss skates are a size 9 and i have medium chassis on them. The reason I question for a pic is I feel I should have a smaller chassis on mine as I dont like my wheels coming much past the front or back of the skate (medium is correct from the factory on my skate though) But I do believe you should probably have a large on there, you need a tad more length in the back if anything. I have had a few custom pair of skates where my frame was like that and honestly it didnt bother me. I had a pair of Type M back in the day and the chassis on both skates were not even, the right skate had the frame too far foward, mission makes good on things like that.

If I'm not mistaken, Mission has generally sized frames 12+ with large frames. 11.5 being less than 12, I think this is typical, and should not be something you should worry about.

While you were saying that the 12 sized skates has L chassis, you realize that 11 size skates have M chassis, and you just so happen to be in the middle. Although the chassis appears to be small on the boot, it should work out fine, and you shouldn't have any trouble skating.

From InlineWarehouse.com's website

Mission sizing guidelines:

Frame size / Mission skate size

Small 6-8.5

Medium 9-11.5

Large 12-13

I have these skates in size 8.5D with a Small chassis but your chassis does look a little small for your boot size.