Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Warrior Mac Daddy

Product: 2007 Warrior Mac Daddy Nipple Grip (Blue Nylander) 85 Flex, RH Kovalev Curve

Time of use: 2 Weeks, Twice a week (short term review)

My stats: age 22, 5'7" 160 pounds. 5-Year goalie experience, 2-Year player experience - Recreational shinny player primarily playing forward using my size and speed as advantage!

Aesthetics: A true One-piece design consisting of simple but radical Warrior-caliber graphical design effort put in by none other than Warrior graphic team themselves - nothing wrong, nothing dramatically fancy about it. You all can see the pics online and be the judge of it yourself. 10/10

Blade: Excellent blade construction, checkered patterned reinforcement, extremely very responsive toe with little to no effort in lifting the puck up with it. 9.5/10

Flex: Coming from 2005 CCM Vector 120C, and Warrior Johnson (OPS), it is a totally different experience, with nice and low kickpoint, and shots seem very different in "quality" already. Since the stick is cut down about 2.3 inches it is about 90-100 flex now. Flex you say? oh it's got plenty... and little to no effort utilizing the flex. 9.5/10

Weight/Stick-handling/Passing: 425 Grams. There ARE lighter sticks out there (Namely S17), but with about 15-gram of a difference, it's all about your hands and speed control at that point. This is pretty much one of the lightest Warriors out at the moment (with the exception for Kronik - 420g), and I couldn't be happier stick handling effortlessly down the offensive zone with this with full speed with very little difficulty in controlling the puck. Very much a "soft hand" type of a shaft with great forgiveness in pass receiving department. Absorbancy has never been so prominently thought of before this stick. On-ice pass is very smooth and almost "accelerating" to watch, and saucer pass is very consistent and accurate. 9.5/10

Shooting: Can I say "Wow!"... I don't know whether or not the last stick I used (CCM V120C) had been getting old or whatnot comes in as a factor, but shot quality without a doubt, without being introspective or biased in any way, blew me away the very first wrist shot I took out on the ice. Such kick, such flex, such CURVE (biased) all contributed in this monstrous shot I took, and it WAS my first and only shot taken, but all subsequent shots taken the rest of the evening had the same feeling. Snappers, again, incomparable to my CCM, as almost no effort needed to experience the similar effect. Slappers, when you get the whole thing on the blade, top shelfing the slapper isn't the problem, it is the sudden notice in velocity that takes place while travelling to the top corner of the net. Let's just say that slapper is one of my weaknesses in the game, but with this stick, I have nailed top left corner post from the neutral zone (for fun) with 3/4 of the effort I put in with the CCM. 9.7/10

Weight and balance: Overall can't complain, balance is very equal from butt-end to blade, without any difficulty waving it around with my single hand on butt-end. Felt great compared to my Johnson (broken) which was a bit butt-end weighted, and had harder time poke checking with it. 9/10

Durability: Again, overall I cannot complain, as I have only used it 4 times, but will probably update as time goes on (rating not applicable at this time)

Conclusion: Warrior Mac Daddy Nipple grip. Overall one of the best OPS stick used in a long time. Great blade responsiveness, balance, weight, and mainly shooting! It was no longer a wonder why a lot of people preferred this stick over the Kronik and Michael Nylander still uses it when there are newer Warriors out already lol. In conclusion, this is a stick that requires very much less effort to commit to making shots that you've dreamed of nailing when time calls for it, and at the same time, if you keep the effort to max anyway, you will instead of fanning the puck or missing the net, it doubles your chance at making that furious shot. This has so far been one and only stick that I can recommend to people saying "just as it says on the ads".... and I DON'T do that very often at all with products.

9.5/10

Product: Warrior Mac Daddy Nipple Grip 100 Flex, RH Federov Curve

My stats: age 22 6'2" 200 pounds. 6 years experience playing Left Wing in both ice and inline. Play most like a grinder and am often found crashing the net for deflections and rebounds.

Well this was my second time using a Mac Daddy. Last year I bought a clear version to back up my XXX lite but after using it twice I decided to sell it because I prefered the grip feel of the Bauer. Since then I have been using Warrior Dolomites (Nipple Grip) and a few Mission V-Hex's.

Aesthetics: Warrior always seem to put great effort into the graphics package of their sticks and the Mac Daddy is no different. I also like how the Mac Daddy has retained its design over the years, unlike the Dolomite which changes outfits every season. 10/10

Blade: Coming from the the V-Hex it took me a while to get used to the stiffness of a Warrior blade again. For the first 30 mins I used it I found that passes where bouncing off the blade more than I'm used to but with a little adjustment in my play this was corrected. Regardless I've always felt that the blade is one of the strong points in the Warrior range. For a guy like me who usually breaks blades before shafts Warrior sticks seem like the best bang for you buck as the durability is incredible. 9/10

Flex: Again coming from the V-Hex I felt this to be a little stiffer than what I had been playing with however that is probably to do with the fact that I felt the V-Hex's where whippier than listed. Still its a very responsive stick and getting power behind shots is effortless. 8/10

Shooting: This is where the Mac Daddy really comes into its own. The first thing I noticed was how quick was puck was flying off the blade, this thing has got some serious kick. I found a noticeable difference in my shot power without a compromise in accuracy. I'm not the type of guy who constantly fires slappers but again I found the power and accuracy I could crank out of this twig to be excellent. 10/10

Weight and balance: Although the Mac Daddy isn't the lightest stick on the market it definitely makes up for the fact by being very well balanced even after I have added an 1.5 inch extension. 8/10 as it could be lighter.

Durability: As I've only used this stick a handful of times I'm gonna leave this section blank other than to mention that the first time I used it the blade got stuck under the boards at my local inline rink which then resulted in the guy I was poke checking tripping and landing on top of it. Surprisingly it came out of this incident without any battle scars and still seems to be structurally sound.

Conclusion: Although I would still rather have a Dolomite, the Mac Daddy is up there and is just as good. Definitely one of the best one piece sticks on the market and I would definitely consider buying another one. If you can get can get over the stiffness of the blade for stick handling and puck control then this stick is gonna work out great for you, especially if you are a heavy shooter. 9/10

Product: 07 Warrior Mac Daddy Nipple Grip 70 Flex Left Draper

Time of Use: 1 year, 1 month, 2 weeks At least 3 times a week

Blade: Great blade construction, very durable and stiff. (It is also the best looking blade around!) 9.5/10

Flex: Amazing feel. Stiff, but not too stiff. You don't need to put everything you have into your shot to get it to flex. Produces quality shots every time you pick you pick up the puck. 10/10

Weight/Stick-handling/Passing: Not the lightest stick available but is light enough. It is sure close to to being as light as any other stick. The best feel for the puck that I have ever experienced. Once the puck gets on your blade it sticks and doesn't come off. Makes it really easy to go tape to tape. 10/10

Shooting: No effort at all to go top shelf or blast one through the 5-hole. I will say again great feel for the puck and the ability to put the puck where ever you want. The goalies will be feared whenever you step on the ice. 10/10

Weight and balance: Balance is equal from butt end to the toe of the blade. No complaints! 10/10

Durability: I have used this stick hard and there is no cosmetic damage all. Just some chipped paint here and there. I got a Vapor XXXX around Thanksgiving and it is in worse shape than my mac daddy. I am now using this again an can't believe that I wasted my money on the XXXX. I have liked Bauer sticks in the past but this just was no good at all. I am soon ready to retire this and order a Dolomite Spyne. 10/10

Conclusion: This is the best stick I have ever used and I definitely recommend this to people. It was my first Warrior stick and it is convincing me to go all Warrior now as I have pre-ordered some of the new Warrior protective and am going to order some custom Franchises this summer.

OVERALL: 10/10