Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

numberthirteen

2009 Warrior Goal sticks at my LHS

Anyone know how/why/what?

Came across a guy at the rink today who had the Messiah, said he got it from Sheffield (so Puckstop) and that there was a few of them.

Considering i haven't even seen it advertised on any USA sites, why is it already in England?

(If you're interested i think it looks like a tacky piece of crap, and he ditched it after about 5 minutes for an ancient TPS)

Could be a pro-stock for a British elite-league team; if it's wood, it could just be from the Montreal fab in Finland.

Nope, no printing with names or anything and certainly wasn't wood.

It had what i believe to be the 'soft touch' or 'velvet grip' or what.

Maybe sample sticks from the wholesaler they maybe shouldn't have sold?

That seems entirely possible. They would have had to send a few samples over to Finland when they worked out the deal: sort of a 'Now you try ours' arrangement.

I am in Minnesota and have tried both sticks. They had them for Demo at Stauber's Goalcrease. (An on ice goalie training facility owned by former NHL'er Robb Stauber(www.goalcrease.com)). They looked cool, and were really light. But when it came down to it, I could not stand using them because of the shock it produced when a puck hit the stick. It would sting my blocker hand bad. The curves on the demo sticks sucked, as there basically was no curve. But besides the huge stinging vibration, the sticks were alright. I am sure they will carry a large price tag.

(If you're interested i think it looks like a tacky piece of crap, and he ditched it after about 5 minutes for an ancient TPS)

I've been interested in seeing what people think of the graphics.

I've been interested in seeing what people think of the graphics.

Didn't think they looked bad in the pictures and catalogues, but it does look really cheap in person.

I havent seen em around but I played before a Warrior employee skate and saw the goalies with the sticks, they actually look pretty nice.