Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dante2004

Suggest a good model of skate

Looking to buy a new pair of ice and inline skates. In the past I have always preffered to buy similar model boot for both. Seems like it makes the transition a little faster. I like the CCM ergonomic model. It seems to fit my foot better (width, arch, boot height, etc). Can you guys suggest a good combo of ice and inline skates by CCM and/or RBK?

Price range? I would probably be looking for one model below the top line.

Or, can you suggest another brand/model that would fit like a CCM. Ultimately I am going to get them at a pro shop so that I can try them on. Just looking to narrow down the options.

I am just hesitant to buy another pair of skates and hate their fit...maybe that's why my skates are 8 years old! haha

what are you currently skating on? How does the fit work for you? What other brands have you used that you liked?

If the CCM Vecotrs fit good, the RBKs probably won't. The V08 inline seems well liked by those that have them, and similarly with the ice lines. I'm a Mission guy, and the closeout on the LT skate on Hockeymonkey and the last ice line is a tough deal to pass up. Two pairs of top skates for under $500 if you can run with Mission

I can't really comment on fit, but if your looking to have a similar boot for both ice and inline I'd recommend just buying 2 pairs of whichever skate you pick out and then just converting the other one to ice/inline. Having a familiar feel really helps transitioning between the two IMO.

If you buy pairs of inlines you can always sell the hardware from the converted skate to make back some of your money.

what are you currently skating on? How does the fit work for you? What other brands have you used that you liked?

If the CCM Vecotrs fit good, the RBKs probably won't. The V08 inline seems well liked by those that have them, and similarly with the ice lines. I'm a Mission guy, and the closeout on the LT skate on Hockeymonkey and the last ice line is a tough deal to pass up. Two pairs of top skates for under $500 if you can run with Mission

So CCM and RBK don't use the same ergonmic model? I just asssumed they would.

Well, like I said, my skates are old. I kind stepped back from the game for awhile and not I am getting back into it. So my gear lasted me longer than it normally would have. I used to skate 4-5 times a week. Then I moved to a city that didn't have any ice and inline was 2 hours away. So I was down to MAYBE once a week.

My ice skates are CCM Tacks 972 (?). I probably bought them in 2000?

My inline skates are CCM Externo Mavericks

Since the Mavericks I bought CCM PF8 and the eyelets ripped out, otherwise the fit fine, so I ended up back in the Mavericks. Then I bought the RBK 6k (?) when it came out but the boot seems to flimsy and I felt like I could literally roll my ankle in them. So...back to the Mavericks.

I have tried on Tour and Mission before and it seemed like the arch was too high for my foot. Was that my imagination? Would that go away as they broke in? Who knows... Part of me reluctance to try a new brand.

If you have tacks for ice, The RBK's fit similar. All in all you won't really know untill you try them on for yourself.

Yeah, I know this is kind of like the "whats the best stick" question.

Just wondered if there was someone else out there that would say model ___ and ____ are pretty comparable.