Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whizbang

S15 conversion

hey guys. i just got my S15's and want to slap a labeda cateye hummer on them.

my question is this.

the hummer takes 76mm wheels.

and the bottom of the s15 has holes in it where i would have to dremel.....

with the conversion do i have to go down to 72mm wheels? or can i stick with 76?

has anyone pulled of this conversion? and used the maxed sized wheel in their hummer? or did you step down to a smaller sized wheel?

I did a CCM 110ZG hum'er conversion, I have 4 80mm wheels in it. There is a little bit of dremelling required to cut out a space for the second wheel to turn, but nothing huge.

the bottom of the s15 is paper thin..... where there is a bottom of the boot. so i guess i really want to know if there is enough to dremel?

I ripped off the chassis from a pair of 11D Mission Hi-Lo rollers I had from 2001 or so to put on a pair of 10R S15s. They match up just fine really over the holes and just from eyeing it up I dont really see that there will be a problem getting them on secure.

I ripped off the chassis from a pair of 11D Mission Hi-Lo rollers I had from 2001 or so to put on a pair of 10R S15s. They match up just fine really over the holes and just from eyeing it up I dont really see that there will be a problem getting them on secure.

The Hi-lo chassis that you ripped of your Missions has smaller wheels in the front. A hi-lo chassis (80-72) will fit any boot (at least all that i've seen) as the frame is designed to have no clearance issues with the back wheels and is sloped enough that the front wheels don't come in contact with the boot.

What whiz is trying to do is take a straight wheeled frame which comes on a boot that is constructed to handle the clearance of the front 2 wheels and put that frame on a boot that is not from the same manufacturer.

the bottom of the s15 is paper thin..... where there is a bottom of the boot. so i guess i really want to know if there is enough to dremel?

If you have a size small (Size5-7) hum'r chassis then the wheels will be 76mm. chances are that you won't be able to fit all 76mm across. I had a pair of fuel 95's with a hummer chassis on and i ended up running 80/76mm setup (yes..i was pitched forward...) because the front wheels rubbed the bottom of my boot. I actually had to dremel some of the boot just to fit the 76mm in there.

You can explore using a spacer when mounting the boot. The tour boots have (i believe) a 4mm indentation where the 2nd wheel is to prevent the rubbing (dps lowboy technology). When using the spacer you will end up with a higher center of gravity and you would need to space the front and the back or else your toes would be pointing towards the up.

Personally...I ditched the Hum'r frame and just ended up putting a Vanguard chassis on my skates. It felt much better to me...but to each his own!

thank you sir, you clearly know what your talking about!

i had to go down to straight 72's......

my other question is that with the hummer, the guy mounted them with the outside graphics facing in. does it make a difference? other than how the skate looks.

thank you sir, you clearly know what your talking about!

i had to go down to straight 72's......

my other question is that with the hummer, the guy mounted them with the outside graphics facing in. does it make a difference? other than how the skate looks.

It's weird that he would do that...did he give you an explanation why? It shouldn't make much of a difference as long the frames are symmetrical. Most frames only have graphics on the outside, however these labeda frames (at least the ones on my code 1's) have graphics on both sides leading me to believe that they wanted to give you the option to switch it up a little

The Hi-lo chassis that you ripped of your Missions has smaller wheels in the front. A hi-lo chassis (80-72) will fit any boot (at least all that i've seen) as the frame is designed to have no clearance issues with the back wheels and is sloped enough that the front wheels don't come in contact with the boot.

What whiz is trying to do is take a straight wheeled frame which comes on a boot that is constructed to handle the clearance of the front 2 wheels and put that frame on a boot that is not from the same manufacturer.

Ah, roller hockey was never big around me and I honestly had no idea you couldn't always just rip the holders off any pair of iceboot and match it with whatever chassis you had around. In fact even in the shop people have been looking at me like I was crazy for even suggesting I was gonna do this. It's been fun though and I'll get time in the shop to put the chassis on and test them out a little soon.