Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

srv2miker

Vaughn Bags

Hey All,

I'm giving in and buying a wheeled bag. For years I've been a staunch advocate of the carry bag (my Fury association bag has been an absolute tank) but I'm finding it's just too awkward to carry my bag, plus pads, plus stick in the the arena 2-3 times per week.

I've been eyeing some wheeled bags, and without a doubt the Vaughn 7500 comes with the best recommendations. But, I see that they also produced the 8800 this year, which looks to be close to the same bag, with different graphics. There are a few variations (no internal webbing system, and few different handles etc.) but judging solely by appearances it looks to be the same craftsmanship as the 7500.

Has anyone had experience with the 8800? Is it just as good as the 7500, or is it worth ponying up the extra dough?

BONUS Question:

I'm also considering the Brian's wheeled bag, but I've seen two different measurements of the bag: their website says it's 40" long, whereas thehockeyshop lists it at 42" - does anyone know which is accurate? I'm afraid 40" will be too short for my 37" RBKs + gear.

As usual, thanks for your help guys.

I have never seen the 8800 but have the 7500 and it's worth it's price provided you can find at around 150$ It's pretty sturdy and just big enough to fit all of your gear in provided you carefully pack it but just small enough to fit in the trunk of a small sedan like my Hyundai Elantra. Also, without having seen the 8800 in person but if you read the description on the website, the materials used are different. I believe that the material used on the 7500 is stronger and less subject to rips. It's a very nice bag and don't regret my purchase. I cannot comment on the Sherwood bag as I didn't know they made a bag similar or the same as the 7500 but I'd make sure to put them side by side and compare build quality along with materials used in both bags.