Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pkzild

Ice hockey skates --> Roller Blades

Hi guys,

I've been playing ice hockey all winter and now plan to take up a road hockey season. I have an extra pair of skates that I don't use anymore, and was wondering if I am able to change the chassis of the ice hockey blades into roller. If so, where can I get the conversion made? What are some good brand of roller blade wheels/holder out?

The brand of skates I have is Nike Quest 3.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it would be possible. Your LHS should be able to do the conversion for a fee between 40-50 dollars. We have two big threads with links, pictures, reviews, and more on the first page of threads here. Sprung Hockey, and the Custom Ice-to-Inline thread. Take a look in there, you should find exactly what you need and more.

Do a search and you'll find more than enough info on how to do it yourself or how to go about getting it done...The "search" function is wonderful... :ph34r:

Frames are all personnel preference with the different wheel setups. Some good frames are Labeda and Mission. As far as wheels most people like Rink Rat, Revision, or Labeda.