Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invert

Getting a Hum'er chassis mounted correctly

I have tried two LHS's to get a hum'er mounted on my skates. The first one, I didn't give clear direction to and they used a shim on the front of the skate, which placed me way on my heels. The second just told me that it couldn't be done. (also, I don't want to name drop the shops, because it was out of their comfort level to do this to begin with)

Has anyone had this done locally in this area? If not, is there anywhere that is recommended to ship the skates out to have it done at?

Do it yourself.

I can't even figure out how to cut a OPS and throw a blade in there. I don't think it'd be wise for me to mount a chassis.

Do it yourself.

I can't even figure out how to cut a OPS and throw a blade in there. I don't think it'd be wise for me to mount a chassis.

Fair enough. Haha good luck.

We will mount your Hum'er frame for you, no charge. We dremel a small hole in out sole for the second wheel from the front. Adding a shim to the front is a mistake. One of the major advantages of the Labeda Hum'er frame is that the wheels are recessed above the frame. By doing this it lowers your center of gravity, you will be same height from skating surface as standard Hi-Low frames. This is what makes this frame special, the lower the center of gravity, the more control you will have. Call Brad Brussatti at this number 217-324-3001 ext 121. Let him know you got this information from Walter. Hope this helps you out.

On a similer note...Is the only place to get a hum'er frame from a retailer, as in there is no way to buy the frame from labeda? None stuck in a back room somewhere?...Thanks for the help...

We will mount your Hum'er frame for you, no charge. We dremel a small hole in out sole for the second wheel from the front. Adding a shim to the front is a mistake. One of the major advantages of the Labeda Hum'er frame is that the wheels are recessed above the frame. By doing this it lowers your center of gravity, you will be same height from skating surface as standard Hi-Low frames. This is what makes this frame special, the lower the center of gravity, the more control you will have. Call Brad Brussatti at this number 217-324-3001 ext 121. Let him know you got this information from Walter. Hope this helps you out.

Thank you for this, I will give a call before I go to the Stanley Cup parade tomorrow.