Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clark12

Shock Doctor Reflex 5 Shorts

I'm intrigrued by the Shock Doctor Reflex 5 Padded Shorts, has anyone here wore them before?

I'm currently wearing a Mission D1 girdle that I find to be quite bulky and would prefer something with a closer fit. Do these fit like a compression short or are they a looser fit? Also what is the protection like? Obviously I'm not looking for something like is going to take a lot of impact but is there ample protection in the key areas?

My last question is more on durability... I see that these have an elasticated waist and there seems to be no sign of any belt or laces. Is the elastic, over time, likely to become slack and therefore will result in the shorts slipping down?

Any feedback on these would be very welcome.

I have not worn these shorts, but used to wear a girdle and some (or any) padding underneath would have been well appreciated when I was throwing my hips around.

The elastic waist looks to be the same as the band on their jocks - which i have been wearing for my past two seasons. I never had a problem with the bands losing elasticity at all.

Also if the trend with this kind of equipment holds up with these shorts, they'll be a close fit. Maybe not supportive like compression shorts, but they should hold against your body.

I haven't worn these, but I do have a different pair of the shock doctor shorts, and the elastic doesn't stretch and become loose. The only problem I had was the actual material the shorts are made out of wearing down and getting holes in the shorts, that elastic has been fine after a season and half. Hope this helps ya,