Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fandangles_hold the fan

Advice needed for new skates

This is a pretty common question posed on this forum, but I have a pair of tour cobalt qs right now that fit pretty comfortably in a size 9.5 but the outsole has completely deterioated and now the skate still works but I'm in the market to get a new pair, it isnt all that urgent though because I can get through with the skates I have. What skates do you suggest, any input would be helpful, and im thinking about either the new Tabu's or the old all silver Code Carbons.

Thanks in advice.

You're asking people to just blindly recommend skates, in which case they'll just tell you what they like best, without regards to what suits you particularly. Provide some information about what you like about you current skates, and what you don't like about them. You don't need the skate that fits Johnny Inline best, you need the skate that plays best for you.

That being said, inline skate recommendations tend to go like this: you'll get about 70% of people recommending the highest end skate from every brand each with its advantages and drawbacks. About 30% of people will tell you to get the icehockey skate you like best and convert it to roller. 75% of the conversion recommendations will be for sprungs, and the other 25% will be split between vanguards, hummers, and finding an older chassis with the hi-lo set up.

thanks for the information, I kinda forgot to include the reason why I lie the Qs I like the fit of the tours alot so Im kinda trying to decide between the tabu's or the carbon pro. That being said I wanted to know some peoples feedback to both skates and which one is better and why. Sorry if the typings really sloppy I'm using an ipod touch to type this

the Tabus and Carbon Pros haven't been out quite long enough to really get a lot of feedback on them. The outsole delamination had happened across the Tour line from the midline 8.8 up to the Q. The Code Carbons seem to have a lot of issues, but that may just be a higher concentration of that model being bought.

Oddly enough the Cobalt 9.9 hasn't had many if any issues reported on here or IWs boards that I can think of. It does make me a little sad that Tour hopped on the lightweight skate wagon a few years ago with the Code series, that's really when they started having issues like these, but that's the way the manufacturing game goes.

I know exactly what your saying, i used think that tour's silvermax skates and skates from that line were real nice and durable but it seems like all of the companies stopped caring about how to make products more durable and now its all about how light they can be. Another question if im a 9.5 d width in tour skates what should be an apropriate size in mission. I know the whole schpeil about how different skates fit differently but my local rink has a pretty good deal on the boss black so thats why im asking.