Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KC83

wheel rotation?

i've got a hi-lo set up...

and everyone tells me to switch the left and the right sides, also switching 1-2, 3-4

but i don't bother switching the left and the right side...

any suggestions?

how often do you guys rotate?

I personally switch them. I also switch the wheel order. I put the L2 wheel in the R1 slot with the L1 wheel going to the R2. R2 W -> L1 slot R1 W ->L2 slot. I dont touch the backs since they dont get that big of an edge.

My pattern goes like this with a few uses in between each rotation:

1. turn all wheel inside out in their original location (company logo faces in)

2. swap L1 with L2, / H1 with H2 wheels and turn right side in (logo now facing out)(L1 being low under toe, H1 being high at the end of the heel)

3. turn all wheels in side out in their current spot. (company logo faces in)

4. swap L1 w/ L2 and H1 with H2 and rotate right side in. (logo facing out)

repeat process if wheels permit.

I put some serious mileage on my wheels playing 6-7 games a week (on Sportcourt). Usually I only get one rotation out of my wheels before they are trashed. That one rotation being flipping the logos inward and that's all. For a while I was using softer wheels for the front/back wheels and slightly harder wheels for the inside positions so swapping them was out of the question (using 72/80 Hi-Lo setup). Now I'm using the same wheels for all 4 positions so I may try that position switch.

I hate to brand-name drop on this thread since I don't want to get off-topic, but the Rinkrats (Hotshots & Hornets) have lasted a lot longer for me before I've had to rotate.

personally, I find that my 80's wear out from the back in, so I rotate them like so:

o o <-72mm

X

o o <-72mm

0 0 <--80mm

X

0 0 <--80mm

I need to rotate it like that because othewise the very back wheel would completely die before the 72's even start dying. That way I rotate the 80's. The 72's are rotated with the 80's to keep the same edge in contact on the floor.

I have a 72/80 setup on my Missions. I just switch the first wheel on my left with the 2nd wheel on the right. 2nd wheel on the left with the 1st wheel on the right. Same with the back 80's.

I used to switch skates, but its faster and easier to just switch positions on the one skate - I don't think it nmakes that much of a difference. I do know that everyone wears their wheels differently so one rotation for one may not be best for another

What chassis is that?..Does the 68 touch? Or did you mean front to back 68,72,80,76(72) for a rocker effect?

Nope, the first one is a 72, 2nd a 68, 3rd an 80 and 4th a 72. It's weird, I know.

It's the chassis that came with the pair of Easton air vents (think that's what they're"officially" called - it's what it says on 'em) I bought a few years back. I think the deal is that for tight turns, there's less rubber on the floor, so you can turn quicker.

Even if that's wrong, they're damn nice B)