Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBX2006

Easton Skate convert question

Hey guys, I just bought a pair of Easton 1500c skates to have converted for roller. I am used to skating in one95's or the X:60's on ice. HOw does the Easton boot hold up to the stiffness in the Bauer skates, and does anyone have experience with converting the 1500's? My main concern is the stiffness of the boot and forward flex. I am thinking about putting the mission aluminum alloy vanguard chassis on them. Any advice or information would be very helpful

PS- the reason I went with the 1500's instead of what I'm used to skating in, is becasue I got a really good deal on them

some one on the sprung site did a conversion.by the way did you try the skates on to see if they fit right?or just taking a chance.

I've had my older 1200c converted to both hilo, then sprungs... they still did a good job for the few times I used them. Ask Bender, I sold them to him later on, and he swears by them.

For me the 1200c's have a really nice amount of forward flex when laced 1 from the top but I personally find them to constrictive when laced all the way up (I've almost always laced my skates 1 eyelet down from the top though). The "Coil" design of the easton skates allows them to flex at certain points along the boot which makes them feel very nice.

Keep in mind that this is all personal opinion, I can't compare stiffness to any bauer skate or even specifically the 1500c, but I find the 1200c to be an awesome skate.

PS: consider putting some tape or epoxy around the boot where the toecap starts as it will take more wear than the rest of the boot.