Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiSeOnFiRe

Phaneuf on Okposo

I understand that it's hockey, but I don't think Phaneuf really had to do that in that spot, especially considering it was a pre season game. Completely unnecessary. Okposo is one of my favorite young players in the league, and it's tough for me to watch that.

That guy that came off the bench, Pascal Morency, was playing pick up here (Lancaster, PA) over the summer in a monday night rec league at Regency Ice Rink. He was a super nice guy, you'd never guess he was a scrapper.

I understand that it's hockey, but I don't think Phaneuf really had to do that in that spot, especially considering it was a pre season game. Completely unnecessary. Okposo is one of my favorite young players in the league, and it's tough for me to watch that.

That guy that came off the bench, Pascal Morency, was playing pick up here (Lancaster, PA) over the summer in a monday night rec league at Regency Ice Rink. He was a super nice guy, you'd never guess he was a scrapper.

When a teammate takes a hit like that, everyone on the team should be a scrapper.

it was a clean hit, okposo had his head down. i don't think it matters if it is pre-season or game seven. hockey is a contact sport, and that stuff happens. from the replay, buddy didn't really come off the bench, there was a line change and it was his turn to go. is there an update on how long okposo is out for?

I think the hit was pretty legit. Although it looks like a hit to the head, I think that it is far from it. When you look at Phaneuf and how tall he is and how tall Okposo is then some part of Okposo's head is gonna get crunched by Phanuef. Look at the hit's Stevens would lay dudes out with....Kariya anyone? I think the one's the NHL should really look into are the D's going into the end boards where they are just getting steamrolled into the glass because the puck slides into the trapezoid area where the goalie can't get it and by the time it becomes playable the D's already there...those are the hits I think the NHL should look into..