Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TLR156

? for Sprung/Inline Skaters who also Ice Skate

I've been running on my Sprungs since march, & have been playing inline for almost two years now. I have not done any serious ice skating in the last 15+ years. I only Ice skated two or three times last year before converting my boots with the sprung chassis.

Is there a particular ROH / Hollow that you recommend for a skater who is used to Sprung/Inline Skates?

AFAIK, the "standard" ROH around here seems to be 1/2".

Any recommendations are appreciated.

my personal feel on the whole thing is the frame is more your radius and pitch, where wheel choice is more closely related to hollow; ie: a softer wheel is like using a deeper hollow and a harder wheel a more shallow one. Other opinions may vary though

Soft wheels are like a sharpen before the game. However that being said hollow depends on so many variables one of which is personal pref. Try a half inch, see how you go. Also don't be afraid to go deeper. I went really deep about mid way through the season and liked it, despite the fact that a half seemed more at home. I will be going deeper once we get our rink upgrade here.