Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aaronlovell1

CCM Skates and Graf RMS Screws

Hi Guys and Gals,

My first post here and sorry if it's been asked before, have looked but couldn't find anything.

Anywho, my question is: I'm changing the holders on my CCMs as they are cracked and wanted to know if i can use the Graf RMS Screws instead of the rivets as next year i plan to switch them between being Ice Skates and Quad skates and useing the RMS option would allow me to change easilly and as many times as i like without having to get them re-riveted every time?

Any thoughts?

Aaron

Hi, welcome!

RMS screws have been used, and you've mentioned one of the main benefits of easier swapping ...

You can also check out the sprungs thread, or the custom skates thread... some like myself have used Tnuts instead of RMS.

You'd have to have enough screws to be able to mount both sets of holders, cuz I highly doubt they are both going to line up perfectly. I have RMS screws in my 1052's with T'Blades, and my plan was the same, to have the different colored holders, and swap em out. But I just never got around to getting the different colored holders. It can be done, and can be a Pain in the Ass to install, esp in the toes. but if done correctly, it could allow you to do what you seek. If you're only switching between the two once or twice a Year..I say stick with Rivets. If it's more frequent, then it might be worth looking into...or just buy a second pair of boots, and save yourself the hassle.

Hi there,

Yeah the holes for the Hockey holders and the quad plates are completely different, not sure how many times i'd be changing them though, my Quad skates are still in excellant order but the CCM's are going to look mint as quads, still want to be able to use them now and again as they are ment!

The quad set up is easy enough, 4 bolts, job done and I saw the post on the T-Nuts, certainly looks like a cheaper option as the Graf RMS Screws are around £5.50 ($9.09) for 4.

Thanks for the advice so far, certainly seems dooable (if that's a real word)!

Aaron

I'm not changing them to Quads till end of December begining of January, as soon as i do i'll post the pictures for you.

Aaron

I'm not changing them to Quads till end of December begining of January, as soon as i do i'll post the pictures for you.

Aaron