Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sav25

Fibreglass blades

Hey all,

I have an old Titan ISD200 wood stick that I have owned and loved for the best part of 7/8 years. I've posted up before trying to find out what happened to Titan...only to find out they were finished after being swallowed up by another company.

Anyway, being a wood stick player, I have bought and destroyed many over the last year since picking up the sport again. But the Titan hasnt weakened at all...the blade just stays perfect no matter how many shots or hits it gets

I think it's something to do with the blade design...it looks like it's completely made from fibreglass with a piece of wood in the middle...whereas my new sticks are just wood with fibreglass coating.

Does anyone make sticks with fibreglass blades anymore? Or am I completely wrong here?

Some pics to bring it to life, and show off my vintage stick :P

Back of the blade:

IMG00043-20091111-2207.jpg

And the front:

IMG00044-20091111-2207.jpg

Side of the stick:

IMG00045-20091111-2207.jpg

Lined up with my other 3, just coated them with some fibreglass resin to keep them fresh:

IMG00042-20091111-2146.jpg

Cheers,

Rich

There's is only one curve offering on the Frontier, and it's the big mid-toe curve #23 (similar to Coffey, maybe a tiny bit bigger).

The curve could also be found on the old Titans (#23 aswell).