Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AIHL Sabrecats4

A little help please

Ok, so first post here. I really need your help guys.

I haven't played as much hockey as I used to lately. I used to skate 6 days a week, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, but I got burned out and sort of stopped. I recently got back into it and I just made the new AIHL Shenandoah Sabrecats team.

I'm skating on a pair of Tour Code 1's that I got a week after they were released. They have gotten ridiculously floppy on me, and I'm getting lace bite like never before so I've agreed it's time for some new skates.

I've done all of my research on my foot in the past few days, but I can't really tell if it's narrow, or wide or things of that nature. I have found that the Tour toebox rips apart the outside of my big toe, and I have dried blood in the bottom of my skates. I don't skate with socks either though. The boot also isn't deep enough for me. If I place a pencil across the third eyelet done from the top it hits my ankle long before the skates, and that's where the lace bite is coming in at.

I've been looking at the new line of Mission skates. I haven't skated on missions since 2004 and they were the most uncomfortable things ever, and I tried a pair of Wicked 1s before I committed to my Code 1s and they were pretty stiff, but still somewhat comfortable.

So I ask are the new missions skates any deeper than the Tour boot? And I've skated on nothing but Vapors and Supremes for the past 6 years in ice and never had a problem with them, so I'm thinking the toebox will be a bit bigger. But as Bauer now owns mission, my Supremes in a D width were always pretty tight. Think I could get away with a standard D width in the new mission line? Or am I most likely looking at an EE?

And if the Missions seem like something I should stray away from, then what would you all suggest?

There isn't anywhere within 4 hours for me to try on any of these high end skates, which makes me feel pretty nervous about just committing to one or the other, so please help me out here guys as I'll be ordering these skates in the next couple of days.

The new Missions are exactly what you are looking for if you have been in a Bauer boot for ice. They are sized the same as the Supreme line (and built of the Supreme last)

How much wider are the EE width compared to the D width in Missions? My Supreme 70s are pretty tight on the sides of my feet right now, so I'm thinking I may need a wider boot.

I've been wearing a pair of old Mission L7s (for ice) in size 10EE for a couple years now. They are absolutely fantastic, terrific, outstanding skates...do some searching here on MSH for more info/reviews. The EE width is noticeably wider than standard width, but Missions to tend to have a narrower fit generally speaking (much like Bauers do).

I don't consider my feet to be exceptionally wide; these skates are the only thing I've ever bought in a "wide" size. That being said, I'll admit that I once tried on a pair of CCM Tacks 892s, and those felt very good but the toe box was too wide for my liking. Generally speaking, I've been able to fit into standard width skates from other manufacturers (CCM, Easton, RBK, etc) without too much of a problem though, so maybe the Mission EE width isn't really all that wide, or maybe the L7 is just a narrowish skate. Who knows?

Just my experience- YMMV.

So are you all saying that these skates replicate last years Supreme models?

Boss SE = Supreme One95

Commander SE = Supreme One75

Or am I way off? I can get to rinks that will carry both of those ice models, so that could help greatly in my final decision.