Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ddbowdoin

Sizing a Chest Protector

Ive played goal my whole life, been in and out occassionaly over the last 5-6 years and and now need a new chest protector... how do you size these things up? I am 5'8 so short and stocky. These things look huge now! I need something that would not restrain my mobility. Any suggestions

I think you'll be a Small or Medium in most brands. I'm sorry that's all I can say for you, but all the companies' sizes run differently, you've got to try stuff on. As far as mobility goes, getting a good fit determines how mobile you can be. For the most part, one C/A won't be more mobile than another for everyone, but it will be for someone it fits well.

tried on some rbk's last night.... fit great in the chest and stomach area... the arms, wow... built for someone a LOT taller than me

I get the same sense with the Reeboks, the arms seem to just sag really low.

quick update...

I took an older pair of shoulder pads and cut away the chest portion. I then placed this chest portion at the bottom of my C/A and sewed it into the C/A. I then took high density foam, cut out the exact shape and wrapped in a tee shirt. I sewed the high density foam to the extended portion that I added earlier... PERFECT! I had three slapshots right to the spot where I have a huge welt from the other night and while it def stung a bit there were no marks. It's clearly not as protective as what I SHOULD be playing with but we're in a recession right? I'll snap some pics and see how many people will yell at me and tell me I am insane.