Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

Planning a Toronto Trip

Some old classmates and I got together over the recent Holiday break, and decided we needed to do a Road Trip this summer. After hashing out a few cities, Toronto seemed to be the unanimous winner. So I need some help on some fun things to do, (Of course the HHOF), but word is there's a weekend of sorts where it's a non stop block party. Any details on that and when it is? Just start rattling off some good Tourist Rip Off places and local attractions and I'll start running it by the guys.

if you guys are into the clubs the night life in toronto isnt all that bad...

you can get into older clubs...

check out an AHL or an OHL game maybe?

ROM (royal ontario museum) is always good

the block party you are thinking of i think is Carabana but that is only in the end of summer...that party is bananas.

downtown eaton center (just walk the strip)

HHOF as you mentioned

what else...what else...

there are lots of good places to eat (indian food, shawarma's, buffet's, korean steak places, crepes) on the DT strip near eaton center as well

starting to run out of ideas here haha...me and my gf walk the dogs along the lake...if any girls are coming and you want to make a move, that would be good :D

hope that helps

Those are good starts...are there any more cultural ideas like plays, and other touristy things we should or shouldn't do?

umm if you are into good food

indian food- gerard street

china town is good for food too

little italy

college street has a lot of good bars and restaurants as well

you have to try alot of the smaller mom and pop places and stay away from the swiss chalets, kelseys, and other big chains and such.

Recently went to Toronto. Forgot how big brunch was in TO. Went with a (local) friend to Insomnia Cafe on Bloor St. Great coffee, wonderful food, really enjoyed it. Just went to there website and it was a really annoying site- don't let that deter you.

Also saw a show at Centre of Gravity with our friend and saw one of the Lunacy Cabarets (supporting circus without borders) That kind of show isn't for everyone but we enjoyed it. If nothing else, maybe just check out what events are at Centre of Gravity

get your buddies wasted and send them to church and young street i believe the two are. its happened to me, and its happened to my friends on trips. Interesting results each time, usually with some sort of embarrassment and or confusion of the drunk friends