Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_game

Tour Code Tabu X Factor

I just popped in on Inlinewarehouse website and saw a link to these:

Tour Code Tabu X Factor

They didn't have any details yet, but they are the same price at the 'regular' tabu, they just look a little different in color (boot and chassis)

Anyone know anything about these skates?

I just popped in on Inlinewarehouse website and saw a link to these:

Tour Code Tabu X Factor

They didn't have any details yet, but they are the same price at the 'regular' tabu, they just look a little different in color (boot and chassis)

Anyone know anything about these skates?

damn im on IW a good bit and havent noticed those. I'm curious as to the difference (if any) would be too.

It is purely cosmetic to my knowledge. The finish on the boot is not as metallic and the frame is black...

Really ticks me off since I got my regular Tabu's a week and a half ago and really was hoping they would come out with a non-bling look skate... Although the X's are still blingy, they are toned down from the regular Tabu's.

It is purely cosmetic to my knowledge. The finish on the boot is not as metallic and the frame is black...

Really ticks me off since I got my regular Tabu's a week and a half ago and really was hoping they would come out with a non-bling look skate... Although the X's are still blingy, they are toned down from the regular Tabu's.

Same thing I heard too. And that's exactly what happened to me, I just got my Tabus and I definitely like the look of the X's better.

Any reason why they dulled it down and flipped up the color scheme? Seems kind of odd to me. Were they getting complaints about them being too flashy or something?

Any reason why they dulled it down and flipped up the color scheme? Seems kind of odd to me. Were they getting complaints about them being too flashy or something?

Perhaps. The skates are way too flashy if you ask me. I almost did not buy them because of how ridiculous they look... I prefer a "professional" look when I am playing and these skates are not my style... Tour has always been my favorite though due to fit and the straight wheel set-up... I wanted an upgrade to my old Code Carbon's and Tabu's seemed like a lot more bang-for-the-buck when compared to the 9.9's or Q's.

The finish on the regular Tabu's is kind of flakey. I could see the metalic flaking off.

I do like almost every other aspect of the Tabu's though. They do seem considerbly stiffer and more supportive than my Code Carbons (even when they were new). The Tabu's do weigh 10 grams/skate more than my Code Carbons though (weighed without wheels/bearings/laces).