Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

srv2miker

My new Battram Furys

Thought I would share this pic with everyone- my new Furys. Pretty much the stock pad, with one major mod - there's double breaks above and below the knee, but only a single break in the outer roll. This gives the pad flexibility in scrambles etc., but stiffness in the bfly. All in all a well put together pad - I'll write a review once the pads are a little more broken in.

4371939247_8cb6178ff7_o.jpg

Definitely keep us posted - beautiful set of Furies.

That may be the first set of Furies I've seen that didn't carry the thigh-break through the vertical roll. I think you'll really like it - given how big you are, you'll have no difficulty getting them to flex, but they'll spring back much more than with a break in the roll. That will also stay reasonably consistent over time, since the upper break won't crease through and break down. Well-used Velocity pads (in which I'd count the Furies) with that upper break tend to be like kitchen sponges - those should stay nice and springy.

The one thing you *may* find, given the lack of an upper break, the tapered boot on the Furies, and the blocks on the outside of the thighs of your Vaughn pants, is a little bit of a 'V' in the butterfly at first. You'll probably be able to solve it with strapping (unlike your RBKs).