Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oykib

New Gear arrived

I figured I will explain what I got.

Nexus pad that was built to my ATK, +2 Thigh, Double break in the knee, Sliding toe bridge, Extra knee lift, custom graphics and embroidered.

Gorgeous set: I really like the clean, simple colours and graphics, especially the way the little angles at the top of the pads and blocker echo the main design lower down.

Any particular reason you went with all-leather straps instead of the quick-release?

Am I right in thinking that the boot is minimally tapered (less than 1") or not tapered at all?

Gorgeous set: I really like the clean, simple colours and graphics, especially the way the little angles at the top of the pads and blocker echo the main design lower down.

Any particular reason you went with all-leather straps instead of the quick-release?

Am I right in thinking that the boot is minimally tapered (less than 1") or not tapered at all?

The design of the graphics is the one that Carey Price uses so I can't take any credit.

I went with leather for durability. I will get a leg channel picture to show but I requested the same knee that was in my Epics.

The boot is tapered about 1/2" I don't play the hybrid style much any more and prefer to extend out and over-rotate. I feel the squared boot gives me more stability in the backside push when I am rotating my hips. I feel it just gives me a stable platform to balance from.

Leg Channel

dsc00302yd.jpg

You'll really notice the benefits of a sliding toe-bridge with a boot that close to square. It's remarkable how well Scott can reproduce something like the Epic knee.

Touch wood, but I've never had an issue with quick-release straps. Hell, every strap on my pad - including the boot, which was tricky - is now quick-release.

I noticed I didn\'t have this view yet.

dsc00307h.jpg

Gwyren, I haven\'t had a chance to wear them yet. I really shouldn\'t play till I get the Doc\'s okay but I do hear Stick and Pucks calling my name!

Wife took this picture while watching the US - Canada gold medal game. I am steaming my glove in the picture.

steamx.jpg

Great shot - though it may be used in future as evidence of mental instability.

My wife has one of me on the couch wearing a new mask (to get tused to the sightlines, of course) and sewing toe-bindings on my pads (they were needed!) with a 10" bayonet-point needle (the right tool for the right job) while visibly yelling at a ref in a playoff game on TV in the background (it was a bad call!); she's always threatening to use it against me, and I don't have anything comparable on her.

At least it isn't video...

My wife has one of me on the couch wearing a new mask (to get tused to the sightlines, of course) and sewing toe-bindings on my pads (they were needed!) with a 10" bayonet-point needle (the right tool for the right job) while visibly yelling at a ref in a playoff game on TV in the background (it was a bad call!); she's always threatening to use it against me, and I don't have anything comparable on her.

Rofl,. Yeah you should see the caption she put with this on her facebook page lol!

HAHAHA :lol: i would love to see that pic