Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moejoe3117

Bauer RX60 or Tour Tabu

I would like as much feedback as possible.

My problem is I have used Tour skates for years, my first pair I think was the 962 (the one under the Fishbones) and from there on I have skated on Tour products. But now they just don't seem to last, I haven't even had my Tabu's a year and they are pretty much shot. Should I wait and see what they come out with next? And if so does anyone know what it is called or any pics yet?

Now for the Bauer RX60 skate, I ordered a pair and used them a few times a found out that they were a half size too small. Just wondering if they are worth the trouble of having to order them again? I took a loss on the last pair. Now with these skates I don't know how protective they are but my Tabu's were pretty good about not being able to feel shots off the foot. And is there thst much difference in speed from the wheel setup compared to the Hummer? And the guys at the LHS said that Tour doesn't compare to the RX60's.

Please give as much feedback as possible to help with my decision. I feel a loyalty to Tour, but it also might be a time for a change.

my old pair of skates where tour code 1's the origanal model. the skates im on now are boss black ive skated on mission since november. and the first month you feel slower becasue the frames are different. Myself is trying to decide whether to stay with mission or pick up some tabus

I am not going to take a position whether Tour skates are better or worst than other brands. What I can tell you is that know two feet are alike. A skate that fits perfectly for one person, may fit another person completely different. Tour Boots are designed to be slightly wider than most brands. We have built our reputation on comfort. But our fit is not for everyone. No one needs the distraction of pain or soreness from skates, the game is hard enough without having to play with discomfort or pain. My advise, find a quality boot that fits your foot, comfort is a big deal.

Have you ever thought about getting the revision vanquish? People have said that they got blisters from them on the initial break-in, but I didn't get any blisters at all, mind you I wear extra socks. Anyways I find them extremely comfortable, more than my last pair of skate which were RBK 8K pumps, and they provide ample protection for shot blocking and what have you.

A kid in one of my leagues has a pair and said they are super comfortable. He was also telling me that the 100mm wheel didn't take long at all to get use to (noticed an increase in his overall speed as well). I have the RX60 and so far so good. I haven't skated this well in a while. Very light but very stiff compared to most other skates I tried on (tabu bring the closest in stiffness, boss, boss se, commander se, reebok 11k for a conversion, 10k roller etc...). Took me about 3 skates to get them broken in i'd say. In the end use what works for you not what others say. Try them on and see.

Yeah I noticed a bit of an increase in speed with the vanquish skates but I had to change the way I skated a bit too, kinda push a little more like an ice skate. To each his own though.

I would like as much feedback as possible.

My problem is I have used Tour skates for years, my first pair I think was the 962 (the one under the Fishbones) and from there on I have skated on Tour products. But now they just don't seem to last, I haven't even had my Tabu's a year and they are pretty much shot. Should I wait and see what they come out with next? And if so does anyone know what it is called or any pics yet?

Now for the Bauer RX60 skate, I ordered a pair and used them a few times a found out that they were a half size too small. Just wondering if they are worth the trouble of having to order them again? I took a loss on the last pair. Now with these skates I don't know how protective they are but my Tabu's were pretty good about not being able to feel shots off the foot. And is there thst much difference in speed from the wheel setup compared to the Hummer? And the guys at the LHS said that Tour doesn't compare to the RX60's.

Please give as much feedback as possible to help with my decision. I feel a loyalty to Tour, but it also might be a time for a change.

Mojoe, My advice is that if you have found comfort with Tour boots, and you have been happy with the fit, then we have had good comments about them over the last year or so. If you want to try another boot like the Bauer, they do make a great boot and you may be happy there. If it were me, and I am biased here, I would not gamble with that kind of money on a boot and setup that I am not used to.

By the way, we will have some new boots come out that are in testing and are getting great reviews. I will post some initial pics soon.

Cheers my friend and good luck.

Just wanna say thanks for the feedback, and that I got another pair of Tabu's. This time I got a size 8, usually I get 8.5 I figured it is a little tight but the skate will break in and my foot will slip back just enough. So thanks guys.

Funny, you should ask. I have checked with my spy camera into the R&D department and saw some early details on new pants. I will pass along some info as I can. Stay Tuned.

A couple years ago I bought a new pair of Mission Lieutenants and found they were too narrow in the forefoot area, I had excruciating pain on the outside of my big and little toe. I decided to accept my losses and try out the Tour Cobalt 9.9 after this. I loved the boot but I couldn't get used to the Humm'r chassis. My final move was to have the Vanguard taken off my Lieutenants and placed on my Cobalts. This was the perfect set up for me in terms of fit and performance.

It has come time for me to get a new pair of skates. I know that Missions won't work for my foot, I love the Tour boot, and I love the Vanguard chassis.

My question is: How does the Bauer Vapor line fit in comparison to the Tour boot and the Mission boot? I am looking at either getting Vapor 40's and having my Vanguard placed on them, or just getting the Vapor 25 inline. I would love to just buy Tour's again, but I feel like it would cost more to have my Vanguard mounted on them.

Thanks!

Felix,

I would still go with whichever boot fit even if for you that means taking another 30 bucks to have your old vanguard frames switched onto a new set of Tours. you can always offset the expense by selling the new Hummers. Also if you really like the Tour fit, one option would be to pick up a pair of the Tour Carbon Ice boots to have your vanguards put on as they run at least $30 bucks cheaper than the roller verision and you are not planning to use the Hummer frame anyhow. Just my $0,02.

Chad S. would be the best person to answer that question but my understanding is that it is the exact same boot the price difference comes from the added cost or wheels and bearings and a high quality roller frame as compared to a decent but not spectacular blade holder and steel.

RX:60 might be the best skate on the market right now for roller hockey. The R&D put into our products is second to none and that is all now paired with Mission Tech below the boot. For the player that prefers that close to the foot fit and performance this is your skate. The ice player or cross over player can now go back and forth without sacrificing the feel of their skates.

RX:60, No question!

Had a Vapor XXXX an a X:60 conversion to Inline and had same problems with them - the big toe was rubbing on the inside of the toecap - for me not the best skate. Now i've a EASTON SE 16 for sportcourt and a Tour Carbon for concrete, and they a are much better for me.

No doubt that Bauer put a lot of R&D into the skate. And it really looks like a great skate but in my experience someone who loves the fit of a Tour is not going to fit into a Vapor with the same comfort especially in the toebox.