Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crazy4gear

Goalie skate help

Hi all,

Been playing out for ten years plus, but I want to try goal out for a change part time this season. I was wondering if goalie skate fit should meet all of the criteria that player skates do i.e. pencil test, heel lifting, toes feathering etc. I got a pair of CCM Vector 10's as a gift: the toes feather the cap, but I bust out of the eyelets(needed longer laces then the ones that came with the skate) and get very bad lace bite on one foot. Is the skate not wide enough for me? It is a size 7D which is the same size as I used to wear in Vector 10 player skates. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

do you feel like your foot is busting out the sides, or out the top?

how does the skate feel when you have the boot on your foot, but it isn't tied?

is there pressure on the sides of your feet when the skate is loose?

it sounds to me like an issue of the skates not having enough volume in the mid/upper foot area.

i'm definitely not an expert, but i would think that you should try on some other skates.

you could try some longer laces and keep them loose, just to see if that makes a difference, but i would venture to say that the skates probably do not fit you.

Thanks for the answer. I think I agree that it is a depth problem. It just blows my mind that the player version used to fit me great lol. As a side, I think it is nice when people buy me hockey stuff as presents, but skates are really personal.

I wear a 7.5 goal skate and 7 player skate. I find that the extra room allows for slightly more comfort when pushing from point to point and using recovery techniques. Hope that helps.

D J