Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samson35

Mission Assassin '09

http://www.cyclonetaylor.com/inline/skates...sissin09sr.html

Hey everyone, I'm looking to get into inline and I'm starting off by looking for a pair of skates. I figured you guys can give me better advice than most stores just based on experience. I was wondering if anyone has these skates and what your thoughts are on them. They seem like a pretty good price, but Im not sure if they will be suitable for 3 or 4 skates a week.

Another side question. Is Mission the go-to for skates? What are your thoughts on other companies like Bauer, CCM, or Reebok?

Thanks for the help!

Sam

If you search "assassin" there will be a bunch of discussion of these skates. The '08 and '09 models were the exact same. The skates above and below in the line changed, but these didn't. I think the general concensus was that if they fit your feet, they were great, but if they didn't, they were so stiff that they created a lot of painful spots that people couldn't get used to.

Ever thought of getting the 09 Soldier? Its a decent skate and its the lowest model that still has a composite outsole. I myself particularly dont like plastic outsoles...