Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

matix218

Mission Commander Black sizing question?

Hey guys,

I want to pick up a pair of the Mission Commander Black skates since they are practically giving them away right now. The only problem I have is that i have no way of trying them on and ive never owned missions before. I play both ice and roller but primarily ice. For sizing referance, I wear a 9ish sneaker depending on brand, a size 7D CCM/Reebok (I currently have U+ Pro Reloaded for ice and RBK 8k for roller, both are size 7D). I have heard that missions tend to run a bit narrow and I also know that up until this year when they started basing their sizing off of bauer sizing that they used to run "closer to shoe size" then most brands, and I believe the commander blacks would fall under this category. My gut tells me that smaller and wider is generally better for me since i have a wide forefoot, especially if the skates run narrow like missions supposedly do. I am thinking maybe a size 8E would work? does anyone that has any of the mission black skates have any input (especially if you also own any rbk ccm skates for size comparison)? As for my CCMs the 7Ds are perfect, my toes just barely feather the toe cap and they are perfect width (any wider and id have some slop, and narrower and id have to get them punched in certain areas) Can anyone help me out here? Im sorry for the stupidity, i just have never owned missions and the only shop around here only has this years mission line which they changed their sizing on anyway so it would be no help at all.

Thanks MSH!

I'm going to go ahead and assume the 8E would work well. I'm very close to your specs besides the fact that I do not wear E sizing. I skate reebok ice skates and wear a 7d, and I wore an 8D in the mission black line back when I used to wear it before SE came along, I'm now back to a 7D in the new Mission sizing.

My shoe size is a 12, I had Commander Black's last year in a 10EE, and this year I've got Commander SE's in a 9EE. I also have a pair of RBK 8Ks in a 9D that fit pretty close to the same. I would just take your RBK size and add 1 to it when getting something from last year's black line. Mission is definately more narrow than RBK so if you think you are at all on the wide side I'd go with the EE instead of the D.