Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceman86

Are these sealed bearings?

These are the stock bearings that came with my skates. I never seen them before and I have no idea if I even take the bearing plate off to clean the balls.

abec5mission.th.jpg

Mission Abec 7's

Have anyone seen/used these bearings before? If so, can you remove the bearing place to clean the balls inside? Or they completely sealed :neutral:?

I've never seen those bearings before but as far as I can tell they are sealed. Shielding bearings usually have a little "C" clip that you can pop-out with a pin, which frees the shield for servicing. More info here: How to Clean Skate Bearings You may still be able to remove the covers but YMMV

I've never seen those bearings before but as far as I can tell they are sealed. Shielding bearings usually have a little "C" clip that you can pop-out with a pin, which frees the shield for servicing. More info here: How to Clean Skate Bearings You may still be able to remove the covers but YMMV

Thank you for the quick reply! I was afraid they would be sealed bearings. I tried poking the edges with a small pin, but nothing will move.

Not sure if they are even worth cleaning, but I will keep that link as a future reference.

Thanks keegan!

those are sealed. you cannot remove the seals without destroying the bearing since the seals are pressed in. however, they should last a long time.