Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thepandamancan

Bearing Cleaning Solution

With a week off in between seasons, I thought I'd clean all my equipment. I got the OUST bearing cleaner kit and was wondering if the cleaning solution was reusuable or not? It didn't come with any directions but thankfully Inline Warehouse has a how to video.

With a week off in between seasons, I thought I'd clean all my equipment. I got the OUST bearing cleaner kit and was wondering if the cleaning solution was reusuable or not? It didn't come with any directions but thankfully Inline Warehouse has a how to video.

yup, just run it through a coffee filter or paint filter before you sue it again.

I use brake cleaner, available anywhere with an automotive section. It's about $3 a can. Take the covers off your bearings and spray. It removes everything and evaporates quickly. One can will last for a dozen or so cleanings of a full set of bearings.

I use brake cleaner, available anywhere with an automotive section. It's about $3 a can. Take the covers off your bearings and spray. It removes everything and evaporates quickly. One can will last for a dozen or so cleanings of a full set of bearings.

brake cleaner can clean anything just watch the fumes

I use 93% rubbing alcohol, works fine as well and available from anywhere for about a buck or two a bottle

I use 93% rubbing alcohol, works fine as well and available from anywhere for about a buck or two a bottle

I found some citrus degreaser in Walmart that seems identical to the stuff they include in the Oust cleaning kit. There are plenty of substances you can use to clean the bearings, just make sure the bearings are dried out before applying the oil/grease

Follow up...I just realized the stock mission abec 5 bearings have shields I have can't be popped off. I've read elsewhere that I can remove em (for good) and just go shieldless. Is it worth the trouble or should I just buy new bearings now. They definitely need some lubrication.