Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thepandamancan

Lubricate new bearings?

So I just got a new set of bearings and noticed that the box had some oil stains...as if the lubrication from the wheels leaked out. They spin ok in my hands and I know they're better once you break em in a bit but should I lubricate the wheels before I put them on or is that a bad thing?

That is normal with bearings, especially ones like Bones Reds because they only have a full shield on one side. If you really want the best out of the bearings, use them for a few skates to wear them in, then do a cleaning on them.

That is normal with bearings, especially ones like Bones Reds because they only have a full shield on one side. If you really want the best out of the bearings, use them for a few skates to wear them in, then do a cleaning on them.

Ah yeah, they are Bones Reds. That's what I'll do then. Thanks!

Ah yeah, they are Bones Reds. That's what I'll do then. Thanks!

You will probably enjoy these bearings. I am not sure how long they last, but they made a big difference for me. I have like these better than the ABEC-5 and ABEC-9 bearings that have come with my previous Mission/Bauer skates. Maintenance is pretty easy on them too, no C-clip to worry about flying off.