Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Law Goalie

2-4 Goalies needed for training session in Toronto

Dave Wells of Performance Goaltending is running another of his infamous adult training sessions on Sunday August 22 from 11a to 1pm at Chesswood. For those who don't know Dave, he's a fantastic coach with a terrific teaching resume and an unusual gift for patiently improving the games of derelict beer-league goofs. He usually runs a couple of these every summer. He'll take on anyone: the levels range from former semi-pros and dedicated A-leaguers to guys who just got their first set of gear, all on the same ice, all having a blast being goalies en masse. Above all, it's just damn good fun.

Right now he has 13 confirmed attendees; he wants to get to 15 at least, and could take as many as 18. Cost is $60 (cash at the rink) which is (believe me) a bargain for two hours of on-ice instruction. There will be a maximum of three goalies to one instructor at each station; the instruction isn't watered down at all, and Dave takes pains to set up groups with similar skill levels. This is, of course, geared toward adults, but motivated youngsters are also welcome.

Training will focus on modern goaltending techniques, so bring sharp skates!

Here's his contact info:

Dave Wells

Director

Performance Goaltending

If you need a little more info, feel free to ask here, or just give Dave a call. If the spots fill up, he will run a wait-list, but please be sure you can make it before you sign up.

Disclaimer: I am in no way involved with Dave's business, nor do I get kickbacks. He just needs another couple goalies to make it worth his while (he is, after all, starting to gear up for his major coaching gigs during selection camps), and I want it to happen!