Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jarick

Harrow 300

HARROW 300 SHAFT

Time Used: 9 months

Flex: 75

Reviewer: 5'8" 175 lb D/C level rec league

Shaft Shape & Flex - I ordered two of these shafts, both 75 flex, one in the "grip shift" and one in glossy grip. The grip shift has a matte finish on the top and sticky grip on the bottom, which is supposed to help with moving the bottom hand for puck handling but locking in place for shooting. I honestly cut it so short it didn't make a difference. The glossy grip felt great, lots of grip which I like. Shaft shape is rounded, very similar to the Bauer Vapor series. Diamater was about the same as a Vapor as well. As for the flex, these sticks come extra long, and cutting them down made them feel stiffer than I had hoped. They did "break in" a bit over a few games though. Oddly enough, the grip shift flex is only slightly stiffer than I prefer while the glossy grip flex feels much stiffer, almost like it was mislabeled. 8/10

Weight & Balance - These shafts are listed at 365 grams and are definitely heavier than most other high end tapered shafts. On the plus side, they seem to balance out better with the tapered blades than other shafts. I prefer a balanced stick to one that is very light and blade heavy, so it worked well for me. 9/10

Stick Handling & Passing - From what I understand, the blade has more of an effect on the puck feel than the shaft, but Harrow claims to have built in anti-vibration properties in the shaft. I will say with either a Harrow blade or with a wood blade, puck feel is very solid, almost muted, very similar to a wood stick. Not at all pingy or ceramic feeling. Passing feels fine, again it catches passes solid but without excessive bouncing. 10/10

Shooting - The shaft performs like most other low kick shafts on the market. Shots are accurate and true, no surprises. There is a really nice kick to this stick that puts a good amount of heat on snappers. Wrist shots don't have excessive lag on them. Slap shots are good, not my bread and butter, but no weaker than anything else I've tried. Really seems built for quick snappers though, great kick. 10/10

Durability - These things are tanks. Lots of heavy use and stick work and only one scrape through the finish to show for it. Seem like it will hold up forever. 10/10

Intangibles - Finish is a bit busy, but the white glossy grip had a really sweet look to it, especially with the metallic red outline on the logo.

Conclusions - A really good, solid, basic low kick shaft. A little more weight but well balanced, good feel to it, good kick, great durability. Also a good value if Harrow is running a special, which they seem to do more often than not.

OVERALL - 9/10